2. The Coronation

Reina: I'm back with another update!

Chapter 2: The Coronation

You nervously step out of your room, already wishing to take your coronation dress off. It was a fancier (and frillier) red dress surrounded by peals and rubies, with black ribbons and a black bow to go with it. Your shoes were also black with rubies on top. It was hard to walk in this, having tripped ten times, and you haven't even made it to the throne room.

"Can I strangle whoever made this?" You hiss.

"If you did then Mercedes would lose her personal tailor," Li muttered. "And to be fair, this dress does not suit you. It would suit...... I don't know. Banica?"

"Thanks for the vote of confidence, Li."

Li cupped both of your cheeks and looked down at you, smiling. "You'll be fine, (Y/N). I know that you will be a great ruler."

"Thank you, Li."

Li fished into his pocket. "I have a gift for you." He pulled out a red pendant and stepped behind you, clasping it closed. You held the pendant gingerly and examined it, noticing the gears inside of it, surrounding a dragon.

"Li... It's beautiful."

He smiled. "My father gave it to me when I was young, saying it would protect me from pure evil. It was a treasure from the land of Jiangshia. It's called the Dragon Gear."

You blinked and glanced behind you. "But Li.... You were kidnapped...."

"I know...." He stated quietly. "I found it ironic as well, considering that I was kidnapped the day after receiving the pendant. But it saved me from a hellish life and brought me here....."

You turn to him and give him a hug. "Would you like to go back? If you could?"

Li shook his head and hugged you back. "I doubt that I would be remembered. Besides, my home is here."

You didn't know what to say. After a few minutes, Li pulled away. "We should get going." Offering his arm to you, he lead you to the throne room (and prevented you from tripping). Outside, you turn to him once more. "Li? What does your name mean?"

Li glanced around to make sure no one was nearby. Once the coast was clear, he whispered, "It can either mean pretty or strong."

You smiled. "They both suit you."

Li blushed scarlet and looked away. "You're embarrassing me."

You laughed. "It's the truth."

After a few seconds, Yoshi ran up to you guys. "Ready?"

You give him a once over. He was dressed exactly as Li - a double breasted coat with a white shirt and a black tie with matching black slacks.

"Yes," you tell him.

The doors opened, allowing Yoshi and Li to escort you to the throne. People bowed as you passed, but the only thing on your mind was not tripping.

At the throne were two of your friends, Ursula and Mercedes. Mercedes held out the crown that belonged to your father, and Ursula held the book with the oath you had to swear. Your sisters were nearby with their bodyguards, smiling at you. You reached the steps and kneel down in front of Mercedes. Ursula began to read the book.

"Do you, Princess (Y/N) Beelzenia, swear to lead your country and protect your citizens?"

"I do."

"Do you promise to uphold the desires of your ancestors?"

"I do."

"Do you promise to uphold the desires of the Levin church?"

"I do."

Mercedes placed the crown on your head as Ursula shut the book. "Now, rise and honor our new Empress, (Y/N) Beelzenia!"

You turned around to see everyone in the throne room bow to you. Your eyes sweep the room, making you realize that you were truly in charge of an empire.

In the corner of the room, your eyes settle on someone. Short pink hair, blue eyes....

Elluki Clockworker.

You blink several times and focus on where he was, only to notice that he was gone.

Your heart clenched sadly, making you sigh. No matter how many times you thought about it, Elluki was never going to be at your coronation

Your mind was playing tricks on you.

Thankfully, Ursula drew the attention of the room. "Today we celebrate our new Empress with a fest-"

A messenger barged into the room, gasping and pausing the ceremony. Wheezing, he walked forward and handed the letter to Mercedes, who impatiently opened it. She gasped when she read it and screamed, "It's from Princess Riliane from Lucifenia!"

Murmurs and cries echo through the room until Ursula slammed her book on the throne. Once the room quieted, she turned to Mercedes and asked, "What is it?"

"She has invited Empress (Y/N) to... A meeting. It's a few days away, and it seems that she's willing to offer an alliance."

"It's a trap," Ursula hissed.

Li stepped forward. "If I may... Perhaps we can send a convoy with one of the princesses now to talk. If it comes well, then we can join her alliance."

This clearly made Ursula uncomfortable, but she nodded. "Alright.... I shall go with Princess Katarina to Lucifena while the Empress is adjusting. Until then... Do not do anything rash."

And with that, she turned around and said, "Let the festival to honor Empress (Y/N) begin!"

Reina: This peace talk is to basically allow (Y/N) to got to Lucifenia in a few chapters for Riliane's party, where she'll meet the characters from the Story of Evil.

Would you guys like to see that next or see what Elluki was doing at this time?

Also, Li's necklace does not defend against evil - but it does serve another purpose (that he is unaware of). You'll see it in a few chapters.

The party arc may take a while because a lot will happen.

Until next time!