Four

We headed over to The Dingo, which was busier than usual. I prefer Jay's, since it's known to be a little less rough, but I knew nearly everyone at The Dingo. Marcia, the Soc, was noticed there by Two-Bit, but without Cherry, who wasn't present. The Dingo was more of a Greaser hangout, but the occasional Soc always comes by.

"You think anyone else knows about the book?" Johnny asked me.

"Doubt it." I took a sip of the Coke in my hand, watching Two-Bit chatting it up with Marcia. I watched Dallas as he lit up a cancer stick. "That thing's gonna kill you someday." I pointed out, being the only one knowing the not-yet-discovered side effects.

"Screw you." he said. "Smokin' isn't gonna be the first thing that kills me." I ignored the last comment. Johnny kept drinking his Coke with Ponyboy, watching Two-Bit and a nearby fight from across the parking lot, which ended as soon as the small Soc flipped out a switchblade.

"Hey Winston." Someone said from behind us, not in a friendly tone. I turned around to face two guys, big guys, each looking at least twenty. Neither of them could be identified as either a Greaser nor Soc, which left me puzzled. One of the two had a large wide jay, chiseled with a two-day old stubble. He had dark hair, not like Darry's, who had a tint of gold, but more blackish-brown, cut short. His name I now know of is Pete. The other had longer, dirty blonde hair with these dark, captivating eyes. His brown eyes had more icy coldness than any blue eyes I had ever seen before.

"Let's go talk." Blondie motioned behind the back of the bar.

I looked at Dal, who had no emotion in his eyes but pure pleasure. "Sure thing, Mike." he said cooly. Although Dally was dangerous, boy, those guys were a lot bigger than him. The two guided Dallas behind the building, out of sight,

I began to chase after him before Johnny stopped me. "He'll be fine, Y/N."

"Does he have a blade? Do you even know what that's about?"

"He has a blade, and, he's Dallas. The guys said they wanted to talk. It might just be about the rodeo or something. He'll be back soon."

"Looks like Two-Bit's having fun." Ponyboy gestured over across the lot and smiled. Marcia looked like she was laughing hysterically. They were having fun. "He'll have to ask for her number, again."

I laughed, it felt good to laugh. "Whoever thought Two-Bit would be going out with a Soc?" We talked some more, and I kept my eyes on the outskirts of the alley. It was ten minutes before I hopped out of the car to go see what the heck was taking Dally so long.

I turned the corner to see Dally on the ground. Blood. Glass. The two men standing over him, I wanted to squeeze my eyes shut, but couldn't. Dally screamed at me, "Y/N, NO!" which meshed with the sound of the ringing gunshot. I couldn't feel any pain, so I quickly picked up a switchblade on the ground nearby and held it up, noting that a blade was no match for a heater. It must have been Dally's, he doesn't use his blade often, but he brings it everywhere he goes, along with his empty pistol.

I heard voices coming near us, and the temperature rose, making sweat trickle down my neck as I threw the blade. Dally didn't even throw blades. It ended up in Blondie's lower thigh, making him scream bloody murder and drop his gun to yank the blade free, only making his leg gush more of the thick crimson liquid.

Dally continued to scream at me as I reached for my own blade in my back pocket. Knowing I wasn't exactly ripped, or super strong in the first place, the knife was my best chance. I never was super strong. If I just tried to stab them or something, I'd have to be up close, and that wouldn't end well. I'm not sure where the whole knife-throwing thing came from in the first place. It could have been from reading 'The Hunger Games' a while back, although Clove was never one of my favourite characters.

While aiming for Stubble-face's forehead, who was now holding up Blondie's heater, my knife ended up in his right shoulder. I had better aim than I thought. I heard people screaming behind me, calling the cops, and jumping into cars to get out of there.

Another gunshot sounded, my ears rang as I tried to pick up Dallas from the ground, who seemed to be half-conscious. "Yo-You're an idiot." He mumbled to me.

Smeared blood covered a part of his face, with three scarred holes above his right eye. Not gun wounds, thank goodness, but appeared to be from rings.

The two staggered behind me, and were about to attack me again when an officer stood between us. Dallas muttered something I couldn't understand, then lost his strength to even attempt to hold himself up. I watched the steady flow from his blood stained jacket. I screamed until I realized it was Two-Bit, Johnny, and Ponyboy the ones who were holding me, preventing me from hitting the ground as darkness overtook my like a wave, and I blacked out. 

* * * * * 

I hope you liked this chapter! Sorry it's a little short, but more to come next time. Remember to comment below what you thought of it so far! See you next time! Stay gold.