Come Back... Be Here

Zacznij od początku

"Thanks, dad," Barry replied, grabbing the letter and opening it the second his father had left the room. It was in these short seconds that Barry was reminded of a similar moment from just over one year ago.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday night had come so fast and all of the students at the school had been waiting for it for months. The end of year prom. Junior year had strangely come and gone like a morning breeze and in what merely felt like a few hours a whole year had passed.

For every student prom was important and special for all individual reasons. Perhaps a first date or a chance to impress a crush. But for one couple this night was going to be far more passionate than a first kiss or a dance to change it all. For one couple, this night would mark the step to the next level of their relationship, a night of love and desire and nothing else.

And after the pleasantries of dance and dresses and dates and the other conventional prom themes, the students parted ways and made their way home. 

The drive was silent in words but deafened by tension, anticipation, and desire. Their hands meeting on the gear stick.

They were alone in the house. No parents to interrupt their night together nor to voice their opinion. They stood in the doorway, gazing into each other's eyes and holding hands, wondering who was going to make the first move.

"I love you so much," she whispered, her brown eyes far darker than usual with a twinkling with need.

"I love you too," he uttered before leaning down to her height to kiss her. After a few minutes of indulging themselves in kisses, she pulled away, their gazes still fixed on each other as the world melted around them, she began to walk backward in the direction of the staircase making their way to his room. "Are you sure you want to do this?" he asked.

"There is no one I'd rather be with right now," she replied.

...

Daybreak shone through the cracks on the curtains awakening Caitlin from her deep slumber. All though this morning looked no different to any Saturday, it certainly felt differently. For the first time in her life, she has woken up in the arms of the man she loved. For the first time in her life, she felt completely rested despite the fact that she had only gotten a few hours sleep. 

Last night, which carried into the early hours of the morning, they had lost themselves to each other and it was perfect.

Caitlin placed a soft kiss on his lips causing him to awaken and respond to her kiss, pressing her further against him to maximize their closeness.

"Morning, beautiful," he whispered, threading his fingers through her hair, knowing that she would love it, to her utmost pleasure.

"Morning, handsome," she replied, laying her head on his chest. "Last night was amazing," she stated, gasping slightly at the thought of it, goosebumps erupting on her skin.

"Yeah, it was," he agreed, cupping her cheek. "I love you," he whispered, managing to take her breath away with only three words.

"I love you too," she replied, slowly leaning towards his lips and crushing them to her own passionately making her way comfortably on top of his body.

"Hey Barry, this came in the mail for you today," Henry Allen announced as he entered the room blind then immediately covering his eyes in embarrassment after seeing what was happening in the room he had just stumbled into. He had totally forgotten that Barry that cleared Henry and Nora out of the house so he and Caitlin could have some "alone time". Now Henry realized what that statement truly meant.