Chapter 16

Darksoul's POV

______________________________________________

It had been a moon since Winterfrost was exiled, and Thornclan haden't attacked since. It's as if they where chasing Winterfrost in a way. Darksoul now sat in the dark forest, flexing his claws that where shining with blood. Darksoul's ears layed flat on his head as he thought of his unusually cruel name. As a kit, he would love to run around, always scampering from place to place trying to remember where everything was. Before he got used to his name, he used to be liked being called Runningkit, and in games with Featherkit and Winterkit, he would be Runningstar, leader of Chaseclan. He always imagined himself puffing out his fur proudly as fellow warriors chanted his warrior name, Runningheart. He was heart-broken when it finally got through to him that his name was Darkkit. He always hoped he would get the name Darkchase in honor of how fast he was, but that plan was soiled when Rabbitstar announced his warrior name.

Darksoul had asked Rabbitstar about it, and Rabbitstar had said it was in honor of his fighting and hunting skills. And how another enemy warrior wouldn't stand a chance against him. But the look in Rabbitstar's eyes had told him the whole reason. Rabbitstar knew he visited the Dark forest, and in hopes of drawing him away from it he had given Darksoul his horrid name. Darksoul's eyes darkened with thought. One day he would show Rabbitstar, and all of Rainclan just how dark of a soul he could have. Then, Rabbitstar would regret ever giving him that warrior name. He would punish Morningriver too. He already had. In battle, he had told her about a fake scent that she should check and had enemy warriors trap her and attack her to death not many moons ago. It was originally her fault. She could have named Darksoul something else, but she didn't.

"Darksoul, this is not the medicine cat den." Darkstripe's voice boomed into Darksoul's thoughts, snapping him back to reality.

"You seem more distracted lately." Snowtuft snarled, teeth bared.

"I'm not sure if we can trust you anymore with your stories about battles you had heard from." Icefang ran his tail along Darksoul's chin. Annoyed, Darksoul lashed out at it. Icefang pulled back with a hiss. The cats growled at eachother, fur bristled.

"Save your energy!" Darkstripe demanded, leaping in front of the two toms.

"We're going to need all of the energy we have to attack the clans." Darkstipe growled coldly. Darksoul looked away and Icefang nodded but his ice blue stare seemed to peirce right through Darkstripe and on Darksoul.

"Have you gathered the cats?" Darkstripe asked Darksoul, glaring.

"Yes, I did." Darksoul gritted his teeth, then lashed his tail to allow the cats he had gotten it was safe. A large group of shapes emerged from the cluster of black trees. 

"Cats of the Dark Forest, I present to you, Amberpelt, Redclaw, Crowsong, Poppyroot, Blackpool, Wolfpaw, Rainpaw, Featherpaw, Mistypaw, Quailpaw, Badgerkit, Flarekit, Trailkit, and Foxkit!" Darksoul announced, eyes burning with pride.

"Darksoul, I'm impressed, but why did you bring along five of Winterfrost's kits that are now apprentices, and four other kits? Kits are a waste of time to us." Snowtuft growled, prowling towards Darksoul.

"Use your brain, Snowy. Oh wait, it grew fur too?" Darksoul retorted, giving Snowtuft a warning glare that told him to stay back. Snowtuft snorted but didn't say anything else.

"We won't be ready to attack the clans for some time now. These kits are 5 moons old. It's time to teach them about our victory, and what they will earn if they join us. We will make sure this is most of what they learn." Darksoul explained. The kits faces where horrified but they stood together in a cluster. Darkstripe nodded slowly.

"I also brough five of Winterfrost's young ones because she will be less likely to want to attack us if she knews her kits are part of our force. And they feel left out. They also feel that Rainclan treats them with no respect anymore."

"Very well, Darksoul. But it will be your and Icefang's job to train them. And make sure they know what they're here for. Remember to kill at defiance!" Darkstripe yowled.

"Why have you brought Blackpool?" Snowtuft asked as the cats started to turn away.

"Because he can be trusted. The old tom wants nothing but revenge on all the clans for what they did to him as a kit."

"Sadly, he will not be attacking the clans at the lake any time soon. Those clans are too strong, even beyond our knowledge. But we still have a chance on these ones below our feet. They have no knowledge there is a place for cats like us. They now have nobody to guide them. Winterfrost is probably dead. Her powers are useless against us. Every day, every hour, every second, in every battle, we are growing stronger. The Dark Forest can't rule the lake, but they can rule the forest!" Thistleclaw's dark voice growled and he leaped out of the nearest tree. Darkstripe turned to face him, eyes gleaming with the knowledge of many battles, along with revenge. There was the smallest hint of regret too, but it was gone in an instant.

"That is right, Thistleclaw. Tell us what we must do."

_____________________

People have been begging for another chapter, and here it is! =D