"Right, so Brad I believe you told her about what we do? What have you planned we do next?" I said.

"Well as I have discussed with you before, I was thinking about moving to Australia." Brad said.

"I like that idea, when do we go?"

"I'm not going anywhere without Tasha, Kye," Brad replied.

He looks across the table at her. The way they look at each other, so loving, why couldn't she look at me like that I thought. I needed to put these feelings aside. I haven't seen Tasha in years how could I have feelings for her already? I couldn't do anything anyways, I would never do anything while Brad is with her.

"Have you thought about what I said last night?" Brad said softly.

"Yes, I have, and I know this going to affect our lives greatly, but I want to train to be a demon slayer." Tasha said firmly.

"Why would you want to do that?" I asked. Considering that her parents were killed by a demon, I didn't expect her to get sucked into this world.

"I have my reasons," she said back.

"You sure?" Brad asked, a hint of concern in his voice.

"Yes, I'm sure" she said.

"Ok. So what is the plan then? When were you thinking of going? You know you can't tell anyone what you are going to do. Have you thought about what you are going to say to your aunt and uncle?" I said.

"Well, I think we should leave as soon as possible." Tasha said.

"Right ok let's go Wednesday." I said.

"Are you crazy, Kye? We won't even get to graduate then!" Brad said shocked.

"Are you planning on going to college or something Brad? You going to quit being a demon slayer to go live a normal life?" I put the emphasis on the "normal". I started smiling.

"Yes, I suppose you are right. I can't leave you. You wouldn't be able to survive without me." Brad said back at me. I did a small laugh.

"Ok back to business, what were you planning on telling your aunt and uncle?" Brad asked Tasha.

"That's where I'm stuck. You weren't in this position, you don't have to lie to the people you love. The ones that have been there for me, what am I supposed to do? I can't run out on them not telling them anything, I couldn't live with the guilt. I don't want to lie to them? What am I going to do?" Tasha said sadly.

"Well, you could tell them you are going to college in Australia, technically you aren't lying much." I said. Tasha glares at me. "Woah, chill, I'm only trying to help."

After several failed suggestions Brad decided that the best option Tasha could do would be to vanish completely or tell them you are moving to Australia.

"If you tell them that you can till visit them." Brad said.

"Ok, it's best option we have." Tasha said defeated. "I better head home now and tell them."

We all rose and Tasha gave Brad a hug and they kissed. I looked away disgusted, couldn't they do that in private? My heart was aching.

"Kye? Do you want to come to my house, you have to tell me what you have been up to." Brad said.

"Yeah, sure, I have loads to tell you." I said.

I headed into Brad's house and sat down at the kitchen table.

"So tell me what you have been doing recently?" Brad asked. He sat down in the chair next to me.

"Well I do have some major news," I said. I put my hand up to my neck and then pulled out the necklace I was wearing from underneath my t-shirt. I let it hang loosely and I saw Brad's eyes widen and he started smiling.

"How come you never told me you were going through with the test?" Brad said. "Show me it," Brad said excitedly. I took off my necklace and handed it over to Brad. He carefully examined the blue and black cougar, following the pattern with his thumb.

"I've always wondered, why the cougar?" Brad asked.

"The cougar stands for leadership, courage and power, which is what you need for the test." I replied.

"Makes sense," Brad smiles and hands me back the necklace. "So when did you do the test?"

"A couple of weeks ago, sadly I can't tell you what happens, you will just have to find out for yourself." I said. "You know, they were going to assign me a new work partner but I managed to persuade them that I won't work with anyone else. They gave me the condition that you will have to do the test before the end of the year."

"Really, wow, thanks for the pressure, I was planning on doing the test but since I started seeing Tasha I don't know whether either of us will be able to cope with the change. It's a big step, you know. I know we were planning this, but things have changed. I'm going to have to think about this for awhile." Brad said, "Enough with the depression, you need to tell how you feel, have you noticed any difference in yourself? Surely you can tell me that."

"Brad, you need to seriously consider doing this test, I have never felt more alive, my senses have heightened, my agility has improved and my skills have gotten better. It's like a rush of adrenaline all the time. I'm constantly buzzing," I said.

"Sounds great, don't worry I will think about it throughly." Brad said.

"Ok, down to the serious stuff, Brad, did you hear about Joseph Dunne?" I said.

"No, what's happening?" Brad asked.

"He's dead." I said solemnly.

"What? You can't be serious, the world's most skilled demon slayer can't be dead, you must be joking me!" Brad exclaimed.

"No, and of top of that, demon numbers are growing rapidly. They have found a way to change humans into demons. We have no cure for it." I said.

"Well, that is a big problem. What are the experts doing, are they experimenting on them?" Brad asked.

"Yes I believe so, but I think they are coming to the conclusion that there is no cure but to kill them, like we have done with every other demon we encounter." I said.

"But they can't just give up, there must be something." Brad protests.

"I just don't know, I haven't been in contact with many people in the last couple of weeks, there has to be a cure," I said.

"I hope so," Brad said.