Chapter 4

KYE'S POV

I spent the rest of the night out, drinking, trying to distract myself from what had just happened. I knew I would have a hangover in the morning, but I didn't care. I just wanted to forget everything. I headed to the local bar and I stayed there for a couple of hours. The barman then sent everybody out, and they locked the doors. I headed back to the hotel which I had been staying in for the past couple of days. I headed up to my room, nearly falling. I eventually opened the door and went into the bedroom. I took out my phone, I had one new message. It was from Brad,

"Tasha is feeling better, I told her about us and she said she needed time to think so she is in my room now sleeping. I'll text you tomorrow and I'll arrange us to meet up so we can sort this out. Hope your not out doing anything stupid, man, it's gonna wreck your head."

I scoffed and threw the phone onto the bed. I fell onto the bed and eventually I drifted off to sleep.

I woke up, to my phone ringing. The sound was blaring into my ears, I groaned and opened my eyes. Blinding light came into the room intensifying the stabbing pains in my head. I managed to grab the phone, it was Brad.

"Whatdoyouwant" I managed to say.

"Kye, were you drunk last night?" he said sternly.

"Nooo" I said.

"Idiot, I told you not to do anything stupid. Anyways, you better freshen up your meeting me and Tasha at two in the coffee shop beside the bookstore in town." Brad said.

"She agreed to meet me?" I said surprised.

"No, she doesn't know, but we need to sort this out now." Brad said.

"Right ok, I'll see you later then." I said.

"Yeah, right, see you, oh and Kye, it's good to see you again." Brad said.

"Yeah, you too." I said and then I hung up.

I looked at my phone, it was already 12pm. I decided to take a shower. I felt slightly better when I got out, the foul stench of alcohol was gone. After putting on a pair of clean clothes, I went and got myself a glass of water. I ate an energy bar, I needed sugar to help lessen the pain in my head. I decided to head down to the coffee shop but took the long way around because I was early. The fresh air outside felt good in my lungs. I decided to try shake off the hangover by doing a jog down the town. It felt great to be running. It was very important at the academy to keep fit when training to be a demon slayer, of course I was already a qualified slayer. I smiled to myself remembering my dad saying to me

"I'm so proud of you son, you know I heard the head of the academy saying that you were very skilled, one of the top slayers in your year."

I stopped short and looked up, I was outside the coffee shop. I looked at my phone, 2pm, I was right on time. I walked in and saw Brad and Tasha sitting in one of the corner tables. Tasha had her back to me, she didn't even turn around when Brad looked up from their conversation. I walked over and slid in beside Brad.

"Who invited you?" Tasha said harshly. Ouch, I thought. This isn't going to go well. Before I could answer Brad interrupted.

"I did, actually. We need to sort out what we are going to do next." Brad said.

"Brad, why? Does he need to involved in what we are going to do?" she replied.

"Yes, he does, I have known Kye all my life and since we qualified as demon slayers we are work partners, so therefore, Kye will be part of this 'we'" Brad said sternly.

I smiled.

"What are you smiling at?" She snaps. I need to fix things with Tasha but I don't know if she is going to listen anytime soon. So instead I put a straight face on and we got down to business.