Chapter 1

I was swinging on a swing in the neighborhood playground. All alone. Both of my siblings were getting ready for Hogwarts and I was stuck here. My letter hadn't arrived. I haven't shown any sign of magical power. I am a squib. My father is worried about me. He says I'm not safe. I don't believe him.

I was thinking hard on this when I heard wings above me. I looked up and saw a beautiful brown barn owl landing on the jungle gym. It looked at me with it's large, brown eyes. "I suppose you're here to rub it in?" I mumbled. "I'm not going to Hogwarts." I looked back towards home. It's almost 4:00. I have an hour until the sun goes down. Then, I'll need to go home. "What do you mean 'You're not going to Hogwarts?'" Where the owl was, was a girl around my age. She had wavy/curly, brown hair so dark it was almost black and large, brown eyes.

"I haven't shown any power or gotten a letter. I must be a squib. Who are you?" I said quickly. "Ariana Dumbldore the II!" she grinned. "My Great-Grandfather is Aberforth Dumbledore." I looked at her for a minute. Why is she here? Is she an animagus? Then almost as if she read my mind, she said,"Yes I am. My animagus form is an owl. And here!" She handed me a letter addressed to Lucas Neville Potter.

----------------------------------------------

Hey Guys! I'm excited to start this story. Comment! Vote!

-Kikupod