Chapter 6

Rose
(Day of the dance)
I rhythmically swung my hips to the music blaring from my stereo as I put on my lipstick, finishing my look for the dance. I smoothed my dress down and winked at myself in the mirror "damn you sexy girl" I encouraged myself.

Layla who was across the room doing the same turned around and laughed.

"Did you just compliment yourself?" She wheezed from laughing so hard.

"Yeah" I said proudly and I stifled a chuckle. She looked back at me and wiped the tears from laughing off her face.

"You do look pretty good, Rose" she smiled.

"So do you. We're going to slayyyy tonight" I practically screamed. I moved to stand by her. She was in her usual color, green.

My dress on the other hand was nude and it showed off my curves. My hair was elegantly curled to perfection. My sleek heels finished the look. (Pictured at the beginning of the chapter ❤)

I don't care that you can see my scars, battle wounds if you will. They're me and I'm proud of myself no matter what anyone says.

I heard the doorbell ring and we looked at each other . "The boys are here" we said in unison.

Since my step father was taken to prison my mother had come back from searching for my father and she found him. They were sitting at the dinner table talking. I was happy to see the love in their eyes.

We strutted to the living room as my father rose from his seat and awed at me. "Rose, my love you look so beautiful. My little girl is all grown up" he smiled and gently brushed my face with his calloused hands. He smiled once more then went to the door. He opened it and boom put his dad face on.

"Which one of you is here for Rose?" He said sternly. Warren spoke with confidence. "Me sir" My father smiled and clapped him on the back.

"Ah great! Come in, come in! Have a seat" he ushered them in and sat down.

"The dance doesn't start for another-" my mom trailed off looking down at her watch "- two hours maybe" she said and looked up.

"Pizza? Pizza" Will and I said in unison. We both laughed and mom chuckled and picked up the phone to call the pizza place.

We were all chatting at the table when a succession of knocks were heard. I had taken my heels off because I'm going to have to wear those all night. Not longer than I need to. "Pizza!!" I sprinted to the door and flung it open. The young boy standing there was stunned, I'd obviously startled him.

He shakily handed me the pizza and Warren came up behind me to take it from me. The boy stuttered the total and completely checked me out. I rolled my eyes and handed him the money. When he gave me the receipt his number was scribbled on it.

"Really?" I stated before sighing before I could say anything else Warren came up behind me again, his hands free of pizza and wrapped his arms around my waist. He planted a kiss on my shoulder and then glared down at the boy. "She's taken." He grumbled.

The boy quickly nodded then ran off to his car. I stifled a laugh and shut the door. I turned and smiled up at him. He smiled back at me.

"Why did you be all grr" I asked and followed up with a poor imitation of Warren about .5 seconds ago.

"Because you're taken, you're my love and nobody will look at you like that but me." He smiled and pecked my lips. Then my eyes widened and I pulled away from the kiss.

"Is something wrong?" He asked with concern.

"PIZZA!!" I yelled and ran past him to the kitchen. I heard him laughing behind me. Oh, how I loved his laugh. My soul, my mate, my true love. If only he knew-- well, if only I would tell him. 

--------------------------------------------------------------

Woo! An update guys! Sorry it's been so long. I'll update more often now that it's summer break