chapter twelve

CHAPTER 12

"Are you okay?" Tanong ni Lucas kay Era habang pilit na sumusunod sa bilis ng paglalakad nito. Hindi sumagot si Era at nagpatuloy lamang sa paglalakad.

"Wait!" Sinubukan niya itong pigilan pero she smacked his hand away from her. "Will you stop following me around?" Mahinahon pero malamig na saad nito. Sumeryoso naman ang mukha ni Lucas. "You know whatever you say won't make me stop right?"

She rolled her eyes at him bago nagpatuloy sa paglalakad. "You've changed a lot." She said.

"Yeah, well, nagbago ako mula nung iwan mo 'ko." He laughed. "I thought this just happens in movies.. in books.. but I was wrong. It's true, pain really does change a person. The pain you've caused me by leaving me behind, molded me into who I am today- a good for nothing jerk."

Hindi kumibo si Era. It was silence between them for a few minutes bago muling nagsalita si Lucas. "Era, did you.. did you ever loved me?"

Natigilan si Era sa paglalakad. Para bang napako ang kanyang mga paa. She looked away from him. "I never did.."

Lucas shooked his head. Hinawakan nya ang magkabilang pisngi nito. "Even just for a second, you didn't feel anything for me?"

Her eyes met his. "No, I never loved you, Lucas, so please leave me alone."

She pulled his hands off her face and was about to walk away when he grabbed her wrist.

"You're lying, Era. I know you are." Lucas said.

Napangisi si Era. "How can you be so sure of that, Perez? You don't know me very well so don't act like you do." Sasagot pa sana si Lucas nang matigilan 'to sa nakita. He pushed Era out of the way, and a gun was fired. Era froze as she seen Luke fall to the ground.

"No.." Mabilis na nilapitan niya 'to. She examined his wound. She took a deep breath when she seen that its not fatal. She scanned around, but she didn't see anyone. Whoever it is that shot Luke escaped.

"A-Are you okay? May masakit ba sayo? Sorry, I had to push you." Natigilan si Lucas nang bigla na lamang syang sinampal ni Era.

"You're fcking stupid! Why do you kept on doing that?! Do you wish to die huh?! Is that what you want? Because I'll gladly end your life right now."

"Do it.."

Natigilan si Era. Malumanay na ngumiti si Lucas sa kanya. "Do it, kill me. It will be a privilege to die in your arms, Era Laureen. Kung yon lang ang kaya mong ibigay sakin, I will gladly accept it. So, please.. do it."

"You.." kumuyom ang magkabilang kamao ni Era. Ang galit na expression ng mukha nito ay muling naging blanko. "Alright then, close your eyes."

Luke closed both of his eyes and patiently waited for Era to end his life. He was expecting her to stab him or shoot him with a gun, but she didn't. She embraced him instead.

Sandaling natigilan si Lucas pero agad rin naman nyang niyakap pabalik si Era. "Don't you dare open your eyes." She sound like she's irritated, pero ang mga mata niya, her eyes were glistening, like she was about to cry.

"I won't, if that's what you want." He hugged her tightly, but gently. She grabbed a hold of his shirt. "Why.. why did you do that? Why did you took that bullet for me? You crazy crazy man."

"Love makes people do crazy things, and I love you, Era. I'm willing to do anything for you. Just please.. don't make me stay away from you, because I can't and I won't.. unless you kill me."

**

Vote and comment! Thank u, loves.. xx