.12

"We have to set the charges, Ella!" Grant hissed at her as they stood around the shield generator. "That's our orders!"

"Your Master is about to get his ass shot off by battle droids!" She snapped back. "You set the charges I'll go save him!"

"No! I'll save him!" Grant argued, grabbing her arm before she could jump off the platform.

Ella wailed in annoyance. "You weren't going to save him in the first place!" She outstretched her arm and began to focus on a large piece of debris behind Anakin. It would be a long shot, but even if she did crush him with it, the droids would kill him if she didn't do anything.

"Don't you dare!" Grant gasped upon noticing Ella's plan. "You could kill him! The Chosen One!"

"Then what do you suppose, Grant?" Ella hissed. They needed to act fast, the droids were closing in on Anakin.

"You go down there and fight the droids!"

"We don't have that kind of time!" Ella shrieked. She used the Force to shove Grant away from her.

Then, she put all of her focus on the debris behind Anakin. It was a large stone wall with a perfect hole in it for Anakin to fit through. All she had to was wait for him to get into the right spot.

"Anakin! Don't move!" Ella bellowed sharply.

"It's impolite to call him by his first name!" Grant called as he tinkered with the charges.

Ella ignored him, only rolling her eyes. She regained all of her focus once more. It was no doubt the largest thing she'd ever moved, but Yoda had told her size did not matter. She felt it begin to move, the weight starting to feel lighter and lighter. But still, it would not budge.

Then, she saw a red beam whiz passed Anakin's face- inches from hitting him. Ella gasped loudly, loosing control of the stone debris. But, she had tilted it just enough for it to loose its balance. It started to fall forward toward Anakin. Regaining her confidence, Ella guided the stone right over Anakin.

"WHAT THE -!" Anakin screamed as the debris fell. He stopped defending himself, and winced, bracing himself for impact. There was a loud crunch as the stone crushed all the droids surrounding him, and Anakin fit through the debris' hole. The chaotic noise from the droids ceased.

Noticing it, Anakin hesitantly opened his eyes and slowly stood up. He looked all around him, shocked that it had actually worked. "Ella get down here!" Anakin hollered. He sounded angry.

Equally angry at him for being angry at her, Ella jumped from the shield generator's platform and onto the ground where Anakin still stood in the hole of the debris. "What?" She snapped.

"You could've gotten me killed!" Anakin seethed at her, his voice growing louder with every word.

"I just saved your life!" Ella shrieked at him. "Again!"

Grant came running over. "Master! Master!" He exclaimed with a devilish smirk aimed at Ella. "Unlike her, I followed orders! The charges-"

"Shut up and set them off then!" Anakin and Ella both hissed at him, still glaring at each other.

"Alright, alright.." Grant said as if he wasn't annoying at all to them. He pressed a button on his wristband with a proud smile on his face. Behind him, the shield generator blew to smithereens. There was a loud hum as the energy shield disbanded and disappeared. The sky was purple once more.

Above them dozens of shuttles flew towards the city center where the temporary base was. Ella watched them soar through the air, relieved that they could actually carry on with their actual mission now.

"C'mon, little one," he said nicely, a sweet smile on his face.

Ella wanted to punch him. "I thought you were mad at me since- I could have killed you," she mocked his voice.

"Heat of the moment?" He asked, probably his form of an apology.

In front of them a shuttle landed. One of the clones inside slid the door open and waved them over. Following after Anakin, Ella jogged over to it.

"Wait for me!" Grant called as he trailed behind.

"Keep up!" Ella sneered as she hopped inside. As they flew through the air, their ranks of troops had already begun to scout the city. They too marched in perfect lines all in the same stance.

The shuttle dropped them off right where Yoda was meeting with Obi Wan. "Proud of you, I am," Yoda said to Ella.

"What about me? I set the charges!" Grant squeaked. Yoda simply nodded, not even bothering to turn towards him.

"Go to the Teth system, you must. Kidnapped, Jabba's son has been. Return him, you will," Yoda said to Anakin.

"You want me to return Jabba's son?" Anakin hollered. It seemed he wasn't happy about this mission.

"Anakin," Obi Wan urged, "we need the Hutts' allegiance to gain access to the routes in the Outer Rim. This will give us an upper hand on Dooku."

"Who's that?" Ella asked curiously. She'd learned about so many prominent people, but she'd never heard that name before.

Obi Wan looked from Anakin to Yoda. The three of them exchanged weary looks. "He's the leader of the Separatists," Obi Wan replied shortly.

"Go to Teth Anakin will, to Tatooine Obi Wan will go to negotiate a treaty with Jabba," Yoda informed them.

Grant took a step forward, puffing his chest out. "Master Skywalker and I should go to Tatooine to negotiate! I can speak Hutt, so Jabba will not deceive us with faulty translations from his droids!"

"With Obi Wan you may go then, young Padawan," Yoda said. Grant smirked at Ella to try to make her feel jealous before he processed the information. His eyes widened and his haw dropped.

"But I'm Anakin's Padawan!" Grant whined.

"I'm sure if the Council deems it necessary, our Padawans could always be switched," Anakin said with a growing smile.

Ella furrowed her brows in confusion. Why does he want me all of a sudden, she thought. But of course, I'm sure any living person would choose anyone else over Grant.

She put on a smile, though she was suspicious. "Well then, what are we waiting for, Master!" Ella exclaimed, making sure to look right at Grant who was fuming over the arrangement.