"How could you stay with him?" Lennon asked in disbelief." He hurt you Atticus. He rejected you. I would never hurt you, I would cherish you and make you happy. I would protect you. I would be better than Sylis has ever been to you." The man pleaded, his hand reaching out again.

I couldn't stop the angered snarl that ripped its way through my shaking form as the Alpha dared to grab my mates hand again. He jumped back at the sound, his eyes widening as the wooden arms splintered under the grip of my white knuckled fists.

"Do. Not. Touch. Him. Again." I said lowly, my arm hooking around Atticus's waist and pulling him to me as I locked eyes with the man.

"You know its true Sylis. I'm better for him. I can give him a better life. I can give him the live he deserves." Lennon shot back, slamming his hand down on the table causing Atticus to whimper out of fear and hide himself in my chest.

"He's mine." I hissed, my body trembling as I tried to keep Valentin under lock and key.

Valentins anger was seeping into my veins, fueling the fire that had built in my chest making it harder to keep the beast inside.

"That's where your wrong Sylis. He's mine. Alpha Eric and I had a deal remember?" He grinned.

"The deals off Lennon. I suggest you leave. Now." Eric said lowly, making himself known.

"I'm afraid it don't work like that Eric. A deals a deal like it or not." Lennon snapped.

"Well it's not exactly up to you now is it? It's up to Atticus and I'm pretty sure he's already told you how he felt." I said standing up, holding Atticus in my arms.

"Exactly. He picked me before he went to your room the day we were going to leave. So he's mine." Lennon growled, pulling Atticus from my arms causing the human to yelp.

"Nots. Nots go Alpha Lemon!" Atticus screamed as he attempted to push the man away.

"Alpha Lennon let him go!" Eric ordered as I began to growl, my fingers snapping and morphing into the misshapen paws of my wolf form.

"You better listen to Eric, Lennon or I might just have to teach you a lesson for trying to take what's mine." Valentin growled as he slowly took control forcing my body to start shifting into his form.

"What are you going to do pup?" Lennon asked in a sneer." Nothing. You know why? Because you know he's better off with me." The Alpha said holding my struggling mate to his chest.

"Nots! Atticus not want Lemon! W-want Sylis!"Atticus screamed, tears tumbling down his cheeks only making our anger grow.

"Stop struggling Atticus, please. I just want to show you I'm better for you. You'd be so much happier with me." Lennon pleaded, gripping Atticus's small arm in such a tight grip it made him whimper.

"Lennon I suggest you let him go now or th-"

Valentin growled in such a low way that it made the house shake. My skin ripped as my bones threatened to snap, my gums began tingling with a sharp pain as his teeth began to tear through. He rushed forward and gripped the Alphas throat, pulling our mate out of the man's grasp.

"You'll suffer for causing him pain you bastard." Valentin rumbled in his deep demonic voice, his teeth sprouting through my gums making the Alpha go wide eyed.

"Va-valentin." Atticus whimpered, my wolfs grip faltering and our eyes flickering to the human." Hold. Hold Atticus." He whimpered, lifting his arms up.

Valentin didn't hesitate to pick up our little pest and hold him close, Atticus's legs wrapping around my torso. We nuzzled our head into Atticus's nape, filling our lungs with the smell of his scent.

"Leave my pack grounds Alpha Lennon. Now." Eric said lowly as I slowly gained control over my body.

"Eric we had a deal." Lennon growled as I slowly walked to our bedroom, Atticus still softly crying into my nape.

"The deal was if Atticus decided not to go he didn't go. Atticus is good for Sylis, he's already helping control Sylis's wolf. Atticus is happier with Sylis. Sylis is Atticus's mate. He-" The sentence was cut off as I shut our bedroom door.

"Look at me." I grumbled softly, nudging his head with mine.

He sniffed as he raised his head from my nape, he held his head low and slowly raised his eyes to look at me.

"Are you okay?" I asked softly, watching his reaction as he bit his lip and nodded.

I didn't miss the tears that started brimming in his eyes.

"You're lying to me." I said lowly in a soft growl." Don't lie to me." I mumbled, nipping his bottom lip.

"Atticus hurts. Alpha Lemon hurts." He said lightly touching his upper arm only to hiss.

"Let me look." I ordered, pulling his shirt over his head.

He watched me as I gently took his arm in my hand, a growl bubbling from the depths of my throat as my eyes caught on the purple hand print that circled his arm. He whimpered at the sound, cowering away from me and pulling his arm from my grip.

"He hurt you." I growled." But you're going to be okay because I'm going to take care of you. You're going to be just fine my little pest." I said lowly, backing him up until he hit the headboard.

He sat frozen as he watched me. His eyes following me as I leaned down and skimmed my lips across the bruise. Slowly I worked my way up his shoulder, his heart hammering away in his chest.

"I didn't mean to scare you. We just don't like the fact you got hurt. I'm sorry." I whispered kissing his bare shoulder in an open mouthed kiss.

"Look Atticus." He said cupping my face in his hands and making me look at him." Atticus not like grrs. Atticus okay. Sylis has Atticus. Make Atticus okay." He said causing me to smile.

Gently I leaned forward and pressed our lips together for a slow kiss. He gently threaded his fingers through my hair and tugged causing me to groan. I pulled away before things could get out of hand and watched in amusement as he blushed and placed his face in my neck.

Later that night while everyone was asleep I laid propped against the headboard, Atticus's sleeping form laying in my lower lap. I played with his hair, watching him, and listening to him breathing as he slept.

I curiously watched him as he woke up, a groan slipping past his lips while his eyebrows furrowed together. He groggily looked up at me and let out a small, almost inaudible whimper.

"Its okay, I'm right here. Go back to sleep." I cooed softly, running my knuckles along his cheek.

He grumbled as he sat up and moved to straddle my legs, his eyes still half open. I watched with a smirk as he laid his head on my shoulder and nuzzled his nose into my nape before drifting back to sleep.

We hadn't even been together as mates for a week and he was already making himself at home in my heart. I sighed and wrapped my arms around him before laying down with him on my chest and allowing myself to drift to sleep. Before I fell into a deep sleep I felt a pair of small lips press themselves to my cheek before the weight of his head returned to my chest

He was an adorable little pest.

And he was all mine.