Chapter 3- Captain

You laugh, watching the villagers stare at the camera, amazed. Isn't it just amazing watching people discover things. Watching them discover mysteries in the world when to you, these things are ordinary.

You turn your head over, watching Conrad examine the boat hand made by Hank and his decreased friend. You have to admit it is quite a accomplishment. It took them 6 years if Hank has told you correct.

"Y/N! Join in!" Mason shouts, gesturing for you to get into the photo. You laugh, getting up and jogging over to the villagers. You stand in middle and notice little Darcy. You instantly pick up Darcy, doing the peace sign with your fingers. And Darcy does it as well, all of you's do it. Some people just putting up there hands but it's all okay.

You laugh, putting down Darcy and walking over to Mason. Until you hear a roar. Your head jots up and you stare in the direction of the roar. Your eyebrows furrow, curiosity filling up in you. You look back over to Mason.

"I'll be back" you say to Mason softly and calming before turning your attention back over to the roars in the distance. A few villagers follow you. You step carefully over the plants and bushes and see a hole in the stone wall. You gulp, slowly moving towards it.

You've never been outside of these walls, but now you seem to have the courage to walk out all by yourself, not knowing how to survive of any of the dangers out of here. Your fingers trail among the stone wall as you step up, your gut dropping, but climbing back up again.

Your jaw drops slightly, staring at the giant, green covered buffalo. Hank tells you that they are called Sker Buffalo's. And they are beautiful. You look at the helicopter on top of the buffalo and gulp. How can you help?

You walk over to the buffalo, looking around as it groans in pain. Shouting every few seconds. "Just give me a moment" you murmur, trying to get a firm grip on the metal. You grunt, using all of your will power to push up the helicopter, begging the buffalo to try and help but it's no use. You sigh, rubbing your hands ready to try again, but then you hear a roar. And not a roar from the buffalo.

You fall down from fear, watching the helicopter being raised from the buffalo and being chucked away. And you stare at Kong. Breathing deeply, completely out of breath. Your hands dig into the dirt, afraid that he will try to pick you up. But that would be no use.

The buffalo struggles but manages to get up. Giving you a soft gaze before turning around and walking away from you. Kong stares at you, breathing deeply and a stern expression on him. He looks like he was smash you in a heart beat, leaving you to remain frozen.

You gulp, your body shaking like wobbling jelly. Kong continues to stare at you. You fear what he will do to you. But Hank does say good things about him yeah?

Kong's deadly expression softens after a short time. He breathes in and pats one of his heavy hands across of his chest before slowly turning around and walking away from you.

You let out a heavy breath, slowly going back up to your feet without stumbling back down onto the grass. You rush back inside to the other stone wall. Your heart beat pounding as you push yourself through the high bushes.

You sigh in relieve as you look at Mason refilling her camera and Conrad standing next to her, his arms crossed, looking around the land until his eyes land on you. His eyes widen slightly and he walks over to you.

"L/N, there you are. Where'd you disappear to? Are you alright? You're flashing red" Conrad tells you, bending down to be at better height with you. You finally catch your breath, placing your hands on your legs to support your upper body.

"Yeah, yeah" you breath out. Conrad gives you a weak smile. "Just a little fright" you inform him. He hums, agreeing with you. Conrad looks around and feels his stomach.

"Do you think there's a place around here where I can get a little bit of food?" He asks calmly. You smile widely, gesturing him to walk with you and he does instantly.

"Do you like fish?" You ask and he nods. You smile, slowly nodding your head as you walk among the path. Villagers watch you passing them, sending chills down Conrad's spine.

"What is it like here L/N?" Conrad asks. You laugh at the fact that he still calls you L/N. Doesn't he remember your first name?

"It's really peaceful" you say. "You know, you don't have to call me by my last name. It's Y/N" you smirk and he lets out a adorable laugh. He crosses his arms across of his chest.

"Of course I remember your name.. It's just the way last names roll off my tongue. It's a lot easier, knowing my time in the army" he informs you. You giggle softly. Still you's both walk down the dirt path, your fingers brushing against the leafs.

"Far enough. But feel free to call me Y/N.. Captain Conrad" a smirk grows on your lips, Conrad looks to you with a cocked eyebrow, but quickly turns into a smirk.

"It's just Conrad now. I discharged a bit ago" he informs you causing you to nod but a eyebrow cocks after you think for a brief moment.

"Then why'd you call yourself Captain when you introduced yourself?" You asks, your hands going into your pockets. Conrad's lets out an awkward laugh, rubbing the back of his neck slowly.

"Just to make myself seem more important.." He murmurs, making you break out into laugher. You shake your head to him while he tries to hide his smile, making him have a awkward expression.

"That's cute" you say, making him blush. "Do you like fish?" You ask, trying to change the conversation after you realised what you had just said. He murmurs a 'yes'. "You get sick of it after 5 years" you joke, pulling him in a different direction.