Prologue

Note: Sorry about the unpolished first person perspective, I was just experimenting like in Ausar the Vile: Hero no more's first few chapters. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this original work!

Thanks for reading,

T.J

Today I set forth to begin my quest. Everyone needs me to exude confidence to boost their morale, but I myself have never felt so uncertain. Nevertheless, I must put on a good show for my companions. They are there to support me and I them, save the moment of truth. My time of destiny is for me to face alone. The solstice is almost upon us, and if I do not succeed the Wyvern shall enter this world, summoned by the Bloodmage. Every night, dread seeps my soul. But why should I complain? I'm the hero after all, and I have no right to be afraid. My life is not my own.

A lone figure stood at the very edge of a bluff, gazing over the barren wasteland below him. The figure looked back briefly, then jumped off the rocky cliff and into the desolate plain, cloak flapping as he fell. The brittle soil crunched under his feet, making a sickening sound.

I half expected bones here. The figure thought, then stared up at the end of the desert. There lied his destination—a tower. The Dark Tower.

It was almost time. At midnight the solstice would begin. The figure sighed, then before continuing thought one last sentence.

Goodbye, Arcus. I'll always remember you.