1; [PLOTS]

-This is just a vague overview of social media plots, if you want anything in more detail, please leave a comment and I'll do a more specific part two, and will zoom in closer on certain aspects of plot-

Ultimately, the most important part of a fanfiction is plot. Social media fanfictions are not a reason to be lazy with plot. Personally, I've found that coming up with a starting point / a story arc / one particular plot twist to use, and then working from that is the most effective way for me to write.

For example, I might decide that there would be a pregnancy plot, and I would use this to plan around, as it's a huge arc to put into place, and I would need events to run up to it, during the pregnancy and - perhaps - afterward. And don't forget, there's nothing wrong with winging it either (to a certain extent). Give yourself a starting point and a basic description and go from there!

It's always also important with plots to do your research. I cannot stress this enough. If you're going to write anything on any subject, chances are that you'll need to do research of some sorts, whether that be simple for the purpose of time-line, or perhaps something that runs a little deeper. You may be writing a work of fiction, but you still need to be accurate and realistic with the material you publish.

Try not to over-complicate your plot too, you don't need to go off on so many different tangents that your readers get lost and confused. I have found from my own experience, that it's much easier to stick to one main plot, and events that would happen along the way as a result of the end point you have in mind, instead of heading off in more directions, with more plot twists than you know what to do with.

Less if, after all, more!

If you're in need of a plot, feel free to request from me! Please comment to specifics that you want to use below.

Or, alternatively, head over to a plot shop and have a look through what they have to offer. I have one myself which will be published soon, feel free to see if anything takes your fancy and then follow the rules to buy it.

I have one myself, feel free to see if anything takes your fancy and then follow the rules to buy it

There are countless plot shops out there, each filled to the brim with brand new, wonderful, ideas. Respect the rules that have been put in place, as each will be different according to the author's wishes, and you can end up with a ready made plot idea for you to write, if you're struggling with coming up with one yourself. For example, I know that voidkol has so many awesome plots available to whoever can do them justice. Feel free to comment some more social media plot shops that you know of, and I'll add them to chapter.

-Lauren