So called date

The entrance to puttz miniature golf is marked with a massive sign all done in bright blue outlined letters on a black background. The sign below, which is my favorite, warns of all the activities that are not permitted. Every few months a new rule gets added after visitors come up with amazing new activities that threaten life and property. Any time I come here I make a point of reading the sign to find out a new one and they never fail to amuse me.

"Do not fill the fountain with alcohol, gasoline, or other flammable substances"

"Attaching children to the arms of the windmill by means of stable gun or other such devises is strictly prohibited"

"Toads, turtles and other small animals may not be substituted as golf balls"

"Please do not paint genitalia on the mermaids"

I am proud to take credit for the last addition around a year ago.

Once I pass the front doors I drag my friend, Chris, so we can begin our search for my sister.

"So Dan, what made you suddenly ask me out?" Chris asks me. I scan the hills of artificial grass and courses until I finally spot Bailey and her monster of a date Phil. The site of him standing next to her is so chilling. He is roughly the same height as me, but I'm not known for beating people up and using their bones for decoration, so his height compared to hers is nerve wrecking since she got our mums height who is a little over 5 feet. How can she even feel comfortable around him? He could use that golf club to kill her with then shove her down the hole. 

"Dan?"

"Oh sorry." I apologize and focus my attention back to Chris. "Just thought it would be nice for us to hang out and take you somewhere for the help you have been for me." I answer his question. Chris and I both have admitted to having feelings for each other in the past but also agreed that we work better as friends, so it most likely was a shock when I suddenly asked him out when reality I just wanted to come here to try to ruin Baileys date with that monster. Chris and I pay and get our putts as well as our golf balls. He picks out a bright green ball. I lean over the bucket and go straight for the one I can see.

"Not even shocked with your choice." Chris comments, noticing how I picked the black one.

"It matches my outfit." I point out as my entire outfit is also black.

"Well as for you and your ball you are going to loose it. That's why I went for bright green. I won't lose mine." Chris says as he sets it down. He stands and takes a swing, hitting it a little too hard. It bounces off course and into the bushes. Chris stands their staring in the direction it was hit for a few seconds. "Where did it go?"

"Nice one." I laugh, shaking my head from the statement he made before. Chris sighs and goes to fetch his ball. I spot Bailey and Phil again who are on hole 5. What surprises me the most is that he agreed to go out with her to begin with. Pushing the rumors to the side, he usually keeps to himself and I don't think I have ever once heard him speak. To see him with another human is quite surprising and nerve wrecking thinking to what he could do to her.

"Hey Dan. Isn't that your sister?" Chris asks as he returns. I jump and quickly look away. I haven't exactly told Chris the real reason why we are here. I look over in the direction he is looking in and back at them, widening my eyes in fake shock.

"Oh yeah, I guess it is." I play it off as if I had no idea.

"Who is that she's with?" He asks. Chris is pretty anti-social and keeps to only himself and me, meaning he doesn't associate with the rumors and sayings about Phil. To him Phil is some guy who is dating my sister. To me he is some guy who if I don't get rid of now might murder my sister and shove her in a freezer.