"What did you do?!" I demanded, my wand pointed straight at his face.

"Nothing, or at least, my followers have already started their fun," he spoke in a childlike manner, gaily flicking his wand and revealing the scene. Izzy and Will were writhing on the ground; bound and gagged as the forms of Rosier and Travers cursed them repeatedly. I recognized the Slytherin Common Room.

"The Cruciatus Curse is quite painful, Robins," he said lightly, "I wouldn't bet that your inferior companions could survive such a bout."

I tasted blood as my teeth gnashed into my tongue. I looked into the portal. Time was running out.

"What do you want me to do?" I managed to get out, but Riddle had already won.

"Just a simple Unbreakable Vow," he said, his eyes flashing mercilessly, "you must swear the solemn oath to help me recover the Horcruxes."

I sneered, "You are immortal, and I am mortal. How exactly would this be a fair trade?"

He tilted his head to the side, his eyes gleaming. "All true, but annoyingly enough, I do require your help."

"Stop the torture first," I demanded, "then we can talk."

He laughed, eerie and high pitched, the sound distorting his handsome features. "Oh, Robins," he said silkily, "shouldn't you know by now? Why would I give up precious collateral, when this just pushes up the time table? The clock is already ticking, I suggest you make your decision now." 

I looked back. Izzy and Will were contorted in agony. "Fine," I said finally, gritting my teeth, "we have an accord."

"Excellent," Riddle said, pleased, as he flicked his wand once more. Abraxas Malfoy shuffled in, his tattoos and glitter gone but his face haggard as if he had aged a thousand years. His blond hair was limp on top of his head. I almost thought he was wearing a badly made wig. I remembered instantly of how Riddle said that he had tortured him. 

"Malfoy will be our bonder," Tom spoke, not even casting a glance at him. I thought Malfoy would show his usual disdain, but he trudged towards us, raising his wand; his eyes like colorless, broken glass. Wordlessly, he flicked his wand, blue tendrils snaking around us. Tom Riddle held forward his hands; engulfing mine in a deathly embrace; his cold fingers clasping around mine. I put substantial pressure on his wrist, my jaw clenching as blue mist wreathed around us.

"Do you solemnly swear to help me find the path to immortality and swear to secrecy?" he asked, the light illuminating his face. He looked inhuman.

I grit my teeth. "I do," I forced out, watching Izzy and Will being cursed over and over again. I squeezed my eyes shut. What I was doing could compromise everything. But I had killed too much, too many times. This time, I needed to save. The flame linked our hands in a glowing tongue of chains before it spiraled off into thin air. The deed was done.