SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN | the whole story

"When were you planning on telling me that you know Auston Matthews, number one draft pick of the Toronto Maple Leafs?"

Maya felt her body tense as her best friend eyed her suspiciously, she didn't like being interrogated about her personal life.

"Come on Zo, it's girls night, let's just finish the movie" Maya said, fixing her gaze on the movie playing on the tv screen.

"Exactly. It's girls night, which is the perfect time to gossip. So tell me, how do you know him?"

"Well, I-I don't really know him, he's just been commenting on my posts."

Zoe chuckled from her spot on the bed, "why though? how did he even find you?"

Maya rolled her eyes, "You sure do ask a lot of questions."

Zoe smirked. She was a very persistent person and would get the full story out of Maya one way or another.

Zoe leaned closer, "I wouldn't have to ask so many questions if you would just tell me the full story."

Maya glared at her, knowing full well that Zoe wouldn't be backing off any time soon.

"Fine, here's the whole story, he had been stalking my account and he liked one of my very old posts on accident, he explained this all to me through direct message, now we follow each other and he sometimes comments on my posts. His teammate Mitch Marner follows me too and he's even dm'ed me a few times cause he found me through Auston. He's a nice guy and we're pretty much besties now.

Zoe crossed her arms over her chest, finally satisfied that she had gotten a response from Maya.

Maya groaned, "are you satisfied now?"

"Yes actually I am, as long as you don't replace me with Marner." Zoe smirked, resting her head on Maya's shoulder.

The two girls sat in silence for a moment before Zoe spoke up, " hey, is it okay if I ask you one more thing?"

Maya tilted her head. "Even if I say no, you would ask anyway so you might as well just ask."

"Do you like him?"

Maya's cheeks flushed red. "Where did you get that idea? It's not like I know much about him, he just comments on my posts, that's all."

Zoe glared at her. "Oh really."

Maya's gaze shifted to the floor. A sense of uneasiness came over her. "I mean..I think so."

To be completely honest, Maya didn't really know what she wanted with Auston. It was just polite comments right? She found it impossible that an NHL star would want anything more with her.

Zoe turned her body so she was face to face with Maya, "girl look at you, you're hot and he's hot. He keeps commenting on your posts so he's obviously interested in you, and it's ok to be interested in him too."

Maya sighed, "that's the thing though. I'm not even sure if I'm interested in him."

Zoe rolled over and grabbed the bag of popcorn laying on the nightstand

"just give it time my, you never know" Zoe grinned, her mouth full of popcorn.

Maya's room filled with comfortable silence, the only sound coming from the television and Zoe munching on the popcorn.

Maya found herself deep in thought. She couldn't get Auston out of her head and little did she know that he was having the same problem.

-

Don't forget to vote and comment, I love reading your comments
Much love xx