Hikaru and Kaoru Love Story: Chapter 2

“You didn’t even tell them, Haruhi?” the girl pouted. She walked in and dropped her purse on the coffee table in front of Haruhi to give her a hug.

I looked over to Tamaki Sempai who looked like his head was going to explode from confusion. He was staring at her like she had three heads.

“Hello, you must be Tamaki Suo. I had quite a bit of difficulty getting into this school because of your father, you know?” the girl asked while walking closer to Tamaki, “He just didn’t realize who my mother was, is all” she smirked.

“Um...who is your mother exactly?” Tamaki asked with a puzzled look.

The smirk disappeared. “She is Akyra Hall, one of the top musicians in America.” She smiled to herself when she finished speaking.

“You see,” Haruhi decided to try to explain further, “My Aunt Akyra hated it here in Japan. She felt as if no one appreciated her love for music or her wonderful skills, including her family. So she chose to leave. She moved to America, where she fell in love with composer, Robert Hall, in California. She became very successful and had a child with him,” Haruhi pointed to her cousin.

“And why are you here, then?” I asked the girl.

“Haruhi?” she asked, more or less expecting her cousin to continue explaining her situation.

“Yes, well, she’s here because she wanted to meet me for the first time. We’ve never really talked much until just recently over the phone and through email,” Haruhi explained.

“The only problem was that my mother did not want to come back to Japan so I had to rent a place on my own, and since my parents aren’t here it made it really hard for me to register into the school system,” she continued.

“Okay,” I said.

“Just one more thing?” Kaoru asked.

“Yes?”
“What the hell is your name?!” we both yelled impatiently.

“Oh! Ha! I must have forgotten to introduce myself, how rude of me.” She curtsied, “My name is Annabell Marie Fujioka Hall. All of you can call me Anna if you like.”

“Anna-chan!” Honey yelled as he jumped on her, “My name is Mitsukuni Haninozuka, but you can call me Honey Sempai, okay?”

“Uh how old are you?” she asked sounding very confused.

“I’m a 3rd year!” Honey Sempai smiled.

“Oh gosh, I had no clue! I’m so sorry, you’re just so...cute!” they gushed for a bit.

I stared her down for a moment. I thought she was supposed to be a commoner, I thought to myself.

“Hey, aren’t you supposed to be a commoner?” Leave it to Kaoru to ask for me. I smiled.

“Well I kind of am, I guess. Besides my clothes and the fee of registering into this school, I am going to have to take care of myself from now on. I am going to be working for Mrs. Hitachiin part time and she will be paying me minimum wage and even making me a couple of free dresses,” the girl smiled.

“Huh?” Kaoru and I both said while nodding our heads to the side at the same time.

“Yeah, you might be seeing me more often,” she said as she walked up to Kaoru and lifted her hand to his face to remove a hair away from his eye, “because my mother and your mother used to be really close friends. That’s why I am going to be her dress up doll, and so I pretty much get payed for looking cute! So long as I help her out when she needs me,” she finished and walked away with the others, leaving Kaoru and I standing there.

I looked at Kaoru who was blushing. He was standing there scratching the back of his head with wide eyes.

He must really like her. With the look on his face he may even like her as much as I like...

I stopped thinking at that moment and looked over to Haruhi who was now at the other side of the room with her cousin showing her the grand piano and the song that Tamaki had been trying to teach her.

Anna is pretty, I thought, but my heart will always belong to Haruhi. I’ll just...never be able to admit it.

“C-mon!” Kaoru said as he was snapping out of his trance. He still looked a little flushed, but he still looked ready enough to go and introduce himself.

The bell rang at his first step towards Anna. The look on his face would make a clown cry.

“Oh, Haruhi, it looks like it’s time to go to our first ever class together! Aren’t you just so exited? I am, I just can’t wait!” Anna squealed, jumping up and down like a five year old.

“You’re in Haru-chan’s classes?” Honey Sempai asked while hugging his bunny.

“Yes, I am. I had it all arranged perfectly. I am in every one of my cousin’s classes,” she smiled, holding out her schedule in front of all of us.

I looked closely. Yes...yes...yes...yup, every class. We have all of our classes with Haruhi too, but it was just a coincidence.

“Oh yeah we have math first,” Haruhi sounded completely normal. She hadn’t really shown any emotion at all about Anna being there. You would have at least expected some kind of excitement out of seeing a distant family member for the first time ever.

“We’d better be off to class then, right cousin?” Anna asked and Haruhi nodded her head while grabbing her book bag off of the couch.

The more I look at these two the more they totally look alike! The only major difference is Anna’s long hair and the sundress!

My thought had made my eyes grow wide. I told Kaoru and the look on his face was the same as mine when he realized while we were walking down the hall.

“Identical?” Kaoru asked.

“Cousins?” I asked.

Both Anna and Haruhi turned at the same time but in opposite directions.

“I don’t look anything like her!” they both protested, pointing a finger at each other at the same time.

My face...Kaoru’s face...Tamaki Sempai’s face...and Honey Sempai’s face turned the darkest shade of pink I had ever seen.

“So...” Tamaki squeaked.

“Freaking...” Kaoru and I said.

“CUTE!” Honey Sempai screamed running up to them both and hugging them. The rest of the club joined the hug.

“Um...guys?” Haruhi asked.

“Yes, my beautiful child?” Tamaki said in reply.

“GET OFF OF US!” Anna and Haruhi yelled.