Chapter 1

Hi you guys! Thanks for voting for the prologue!! Hopefully it wasn't too terrible!

Anyways, here's Chapter 1! Sorry if the last one was a wee bit confusing, but enjoy!

7 votes for Chapter 2!!

~~~~~~~~~

Chapter One:
A Mad Man with a Box

~~~~~~~~~

The shrill beeping of my alarm made me jump, rather successfully causing me to collide face first with the the floor as I rolled out of bed.

"Clari! Clari, you're going to be late if you don't hurry up! I've already called Jeannie, you should be fine if you're a wee bit late."

I groaned in reply, a snore escaping from my open mouth as I rolled onto my back, throwing my arm over my eyes to block out the early morning light that peeked through my windows.

The scream of my alarm clock continued and I finally sighed in frustration before sitting upright and blindly feeling for the off button, still not awake enough to open my eyes more than a crack.

"Clari Anderson, get down here this instant! I'm meeting with Ron at nine and you've only got half an hour to get to the shop!"

Mom shouted up the stairs again.

I groaned and sat up, finally crawling to my feet and rushing to the bathroom, praying that brushing my teeth and washing my face would wake me up enough.

I needed to be at the shop by nine, and my dear, sweet, wonderful mother had already told Jeannie I'd be late, bless her heart (note the sarcasm. It's practically suffocating).

I glanced up at my reflection, appalled by my hair, which looked more like a knotted wig than anything. Tugging a brush through it helped to tame it the slightest bit, so I finally decided to resort to a braid.

After my usual morning routine, I stumbled down the stairs, realizing it was already 8:45.

I met my mother in the kitchen, the sounds of glass plates clinking against each other making me cringe.

She turned round, clutching a cup of coffee, amused at my hurried appearance.

"Well, certainly took you long enough, didn't it?" she observed my casual appearance, and if I hadn't known her as well as I did I would've thought she was serious. That was the thing about my mom. She was always teasing but never looked it. Honestly, she's a rather overly-spontaneous woman, but I love her in spite of all of that.

I rolled my eyes, snatching my keys off of the counter and yanking on one of my hoodies, hoping it would keep out the early morning chills.

I was almost out the door when she clicked her tongue in disappointment and impatience, waiting for something.

I looked back at her and sighed, leaning my forehead against the door frame.

"Sorry for being late, Mum," I groaned before adding, "Thanks for calling Jeannie, too."

She grinned and laughed a little, "It's my job, sweetie. Now get going before Jeannie decides to fire you."

I nodded, still irritated but grateful she had warned Jeannie that I'd be late, and left the house, swinging the door shut and crossing through the empty parking lot to my car.

I didn't normally stay at my Mum's place a lot, but recently I had to because she needed help with unpacking the last of the boxes from moving to her little apartment.