Chapter 5- Directions

Suddenly the two of them started to float, a light engulfing them both.
I blinked in surprise. They were gone.
I guess I would see them in a few hundred years. I might even see Mizuki earlier. He is a yokai after all.

I looked over at the women. Colour had returned to her skin and her breathing had evened. I picked her up, putting one arm under her legs and one under back. I walked into a bed room and laid her on the futon. I laid a sheet over her, tucking her in.I walked out of the room and towards the screen. I reached out to the screen, about to open it, when the screen slide open, revealing a shocked kitsune.

He placed the bucket of water and the floor and ran at me, pushing against the wall, his hand on my neck.
"What are you doing here?"
"Put...me...down!" I yelled, gasping for air.
He let go and I reached for my sore throat.
"Why are you here?"
"Relax will ya?." My voice was a little raspy. "I followed you hoping to find a village. Instead you came here. After you left, the girl collapsed on the ground, so I gave her the eye."
"Where is she now?"
"In bed. I laid her on a futon so she could recover."
"Why didn't you just take the eye?"
"My father can still see with one eye can't he? Plus it would mean I have to go back home."
"Why don't you go back?"
"I've spent my whole life trying to get up here. I'm not going back anytime soon
The fox just eyed me.
"Okay, I'll just get out of your tail." I slipped passed him and walked outside.
I paused.

I have know idea where I am. I don't know where to go. I have no knowledge of the surface, how it works and how it is ruled. Is there even a ruler, a king maybe?
"What's the matter, girl?"
"Um...can you point me in the direction of the nearest village?"
The fox just sighed.
"Head north, you will eventually find it."
"Thanks." I said grinning, putting my thumbs up.
Turned to face him again.
"What do you want now!"
"Um...which way is north?"

🌊~

Sorry that this chapter was shorter then normal. It's was only a filler chapter as I didn't want to skip to the next plot point.

Thanks for reading

Mizuki259
(412 Words)