7/1/17- Day 2

11:13
It was the weekend, finally! Yesterdays rain had stopped overnight and left behind a vast expanse of grey cloud. I'd just woken up and could hear the computer keys clicking on my mothers laptop in the study beneath my room. No doubt she had some important paper to write or a client who needed talking to, yes right this minute. I groaned and sat up, I must have fallen asleep on my phone because I had a perfectly rectangle mark on my face. I tried to turn it on but found there was no charge. Could I really be bothered to get out of bed just to charge my phone?

11:19
I got out of bed. The floor was freezing on my bare feet as I ran across the room to grab my charger then bolted back to the warmth of bed. I plugged in my charger and put my phone next to me, waiting for lockscreen to pop up once it had enough power.

12:54
My phone was fully charged, I'd had a shower, put some fresh clothes and had started to put bread in the toaster for some kind of sandwich by now. I still hadn't checked my phone yet. I told Emily last night I had to go to sleep around 10:30 which for me was very early, but for the last few days I had been staying up until 4/5am and it had started to affect even me now. I'm not sure if I didn't want to see my phone in case she had texted me or if she hadn't, both seemed daunting...

3:43
I'd had cheese on toast instead of a sandwich and honestly had forgotten how good they tasted. I also checked my phone. I had 3 new texts from her?? I guess she didn't hate me then, always a good start to get an (almost) stranger to fall in love with you. I'd texted her back of course but God, it might've well been a toddler as my vocabulary seemed to fly out the window whenever it came to replying. Still, I grinned at thought that she actually wanted to talk to me!

6:25
We'd been talking for almost 3 hours now and I felt like I was finally getting to know her. It seemed my 11:11 wish was coming true. She was arty but also very good at 'Math' as she called it, apparently she liked to travel and wanted to live in a big city one day. I tried my hardest not to imagine us sharing a small apartment flat in London but to no avail, I had already decided what colour the moderately sized living room's back wall would be (a dark but striking blue) when I heard the study door open. A tall women with bleached blonde hair and a spotless white dress took small, dainty step towards the stairs and subsequently kitchen. Her hair was scraped back into a tight bun at the back of her head which seemed to pull her forehead in every direction, offsetting the thin wire glasses perched on her noes. My darling mother. I was half tempted to make another cheese on toast just to make her see what she was missing now she was on another diet of rabbit food. Instead I quickly walked into the living room to see how long I could avoid her, if I didn't there was roughly a 100% chance of being told off about something or another.

8:56
I'd avoided her for the rest of the evening and had even managed to get a substantial dinner for myself. Now I was pacing around my room, it was way too early to think about sleeping but also too late now to actually do anything productive. Emily had gone to have dinner so I couldn't talk to her and my other friends never replied which, to be fair, was understandable considering I hadn't texted them in about a year. I stopped in front of my bookshelf and knelt down to see the books I'd read as a child, titles like Peter Pan and Snow White popped out both fancy gifts from my grandparents but also a few like Winnie the Witch and the Faraway Tree that were no doubt second hand judging by the covers. I picked out the Faraway Tree and flicked through the pages smiling at the small illustrations and remembering how I use to  spend hours with a torch under the covers at, now get this, 9pm!! It felt so late at the age of 7.

11:32
Emily was back and she texted me first again, I have to admit I was starting to trust she couldn't hate me now. I hated to think about the fact I might like her considering we had been talking for only two days, my heart seemed to fall for anyone these days. But I guessed I hated the fact she would turn out to be straight and I would have just confesses my love to her or something stupid like that, more. So maybe I was letting my heart win this time, but just a little bit.

12:59
I told Emily i needed to go half an hour ago now and she sent me a little moon emoji and said 'goodnight!!' Of course I first interpreted it as small way of showing her love and affection towards me then, that she was very glad I was finally going then I thought about it and realised both of those ideas were kind of stupid. So I put on my 'mega calm' playlist and waited for sleep to tug at my eyelids. I was still waiting...

3:12
I was floating over a green field which seemed to expand in every direction except the sky. It was such a beautiful colour, there were smudges of crimson and burgundy red at the edges of  ever expanding clouds which seemed to merge with the slight blue of the horizon. Or were the clouds the horizon? I could no longer tell. I twirled around in the air and soon became aware that she was next to me, the clouds stopped and I just looked into her eyes nothing was said but I swear I felt just a tiny bit of my heart escape my chest and anchor it to hers. Then the sun began to set, trailing gold behind it, and all the time I was looking into her eyes as it slowly faded to darkness again.
(This is a dream if I didn't make it obvious-Lorna)

11:11
I wish we could become friends

|
So I've done the second chapter/part thing! It was a bit longer than the last but I hope that it was good and you thought enough happened! Again please say what you think and thank you for reading this!
|
Word count: 1130