My Mate Rejects Me.

When I opened my eyes I realized that today was my birthday! I finally get to know who my mate is. I got out of bed and put on my favorite sun dress. It was navy blue with white sequins on the hem of the dress. I went to the bathroom and put on my a little of my make-up. When I was done I hopped downstairs for breakfast with my brothers and parents. But only one of my brothers were there. oh they are probably still asleep. I smelt bacon, eggs and pancakes. 

"Happy Birthday, sweetheart!" my mom and dad yelled. My brother Kyle just smiled. Oh man, they are planning something. Then I heard their thoughts.

You guys almost done she's awake and down here. My brother Kyle said.

Yes, we're done just tell her to come here. said Alan.

Okay. This prank of cake in her face is going to be priceless. Kyle said. I lifted my eyebrow.

"Astrid, can you come to my room for a second?" Kyle asked.

"Okay." I simply said. We walked up the stairs and we came to his door. I heard snickering with my werewolf hearing. I was smiling in my head. 

Guys get ready to through the cake at her. Kyle said. 

What they don't know is that I know what they are going to do. When he opened the door I stepped out of the way. The cake just splattered all over Alex's door.

 I saw that my 5 brothers eyes wide as silver dollars.

I busted up laughing. When I calmed down I said, "Did you guys forget when a werewolf turns sixteen she or he can hear what the pack is thinking?" They all just stared. I rolled my eyes and walk down stairs. 

When I got to the breakfast table I got my food and sat down eating. When I was done eating I hugged my mom and dad and said goodbye. I walked out to my bike and rode it to school. When I was there I parked my bike and went to my locker. I got all of my things I needed for first hour. That's when it hit me. My mates smell. It smelled of cinnamon and old spice. I followed the scent and it lead me to him.

Adrian's P.O.V.

I was heading toward my girlfriend when the smell of my mate hit me. The smell was of roses and chocolate. When I looked up it was Astrid. She looked as stunned as I did. I didn't want her as my mate. She is my best friends little sister.

Don't say that about our mate Adrian. The Moon Goddess chose her for a reason. said my wolf.

I don't care. I love Erika and that's what is going to be. She is going to become Luna. I said back.

But you'll never love Erika, the way you will love Astrid. He said sadly. Then he blocked me out. He could be roght, but I don't think so. Then Astrid walked up to me.

"Adrian.. You're my mate." she said quietly looking down. I started laughing coldly.

"How could I be mates with someone as pathetic as you. Trying to say you're my mate. Wow, that is low for you Astrid. I, Adrian Sterling, reject you as my mate." I said with as much venom as I could. My heart started to hurt. I knew that it was her heart breaking, because mates can feel what ever the other mate is feeling, and hear what they are thinking.

"Why am I such an idiot for thinking he might actually want to be my mate. I'm nothing than a pack member to him. I guess he is right I'm pathetic." She said in her head. She looked down and started to walk away. I had to fight the feeling of running after her and saying I didn't mean it. Fates I curse you. But I did mean it. Right?

Astrid's P.O.V.

I was walking to my locker when my brother Nathan stopped me.

"What's the matter, Astrid?" he asked concerned.