Chapter 4. Regretting Choices

I tip toes through the doors, hoping my parents wouldn't notice that I had arrived an hour late home. I know from most things I have read and watched that it wouldn't work. And, that they were also werewolves. They could smell me, couldn't they?

"Young lady!" I froze on the spot as I put on a nervous smile before turning around to see my mum. She had her hands on her hip and some sort of mad face on. Mums always try to look mad but end up looking funny. It's easier not to cry when getting preached at by looking at the funny faces they make. "Mind telling me why you were late?" She asked me as she got closer to me.

She wasn't always this demanding, she's actually really nice. But, she get's over protective in situations like this, it makes me nervous and love her even more.

"The werewolf in my school and Gray ha--"

"Werewolf? Since when was there any other werewolves in Hackney but us?" She demanded. She looked at my forehead, checking for any wounds. What does she think of me? That I'd be the one in the fight? Of course, I wouldn't.

I think.

"Since a week ago. Gray picked a fight with him on the way home and Levy called me to stop the--"

"Did the enemy find out you were a werewolf?" She asked me. Mum acted like a child in times like this, to try and lighten up the mood. I think it's for her own good than others. She worries so much that she lies to herself.

"Yes, I got irritated at the same time as hi--"

"It's a guy?"

"It?" I asked her. Did she just call all werewolves in general a thing? Including herself? Sometimes, I wonder where I get my smarts from, definitely not from my dad. I think.

"I'm happy Jude isn't here, he would have murdered the poor boy already..." I heard her murmur. Dad was away on a business trip away in Korea for a few months and he truly would have. Natsu might put up a fight before getting killed. Then Gray would fe--

"Mum, what do I do now? I just kinda messed up the first time we talked, do I need to fix it?" I asked her. This is what parents were here for. To love and to care for their children, making me the child of learning. My Dad wasn't very good at teaching me much stuff about life but was good at academics. My Mum was the opposite, she was very helpful in my times of dire need.

"Do you regret it?" She asked me. I had noticed we had somehow moved ourselves over to the couch in the living room. The window was open, meaning she might have been cooking before I had SNEAKED in.

I thought for a second. Did I regret it? I had insulted him to his face. That was more pity than regret. But, I did regret the fact that I had made him upset. Something about the face he had before made me want to say sorry and learn more about him. How a face can change facial expressions from angry to vulnerable and sad. How many times did he change before arriving here?

I didn't know that one person could make you think that much about them. I think right now I am determined to stop thinking about him now. But I did need to answer the question. "I do regret it, certainly,"

"Levy, how would you apologise to Gajeel?" I asked her first thing when I entered the form room. I could tell people were surprised that I had stormed in for the first time. Yeah, in our 2 years time year, I hadn't made a big entrance yet.

Now, I have.

"Pay for giving him a tattoo," She answered. That was expected, why did I use Gajeel as an example? "If it wasn't Gajeel, I'd probably just say sorry in the spur of the moment,"

"Wouldn't that make it insincere?" I asked.

"Probably, how badly do you want to apologise?" She asked me. I think she's on to me right now. She wasn't there yesterday to see me insult Natsu.

"Enough for me to do it in public," I said. That would be 100/100 for me. I would never say sorry for someone in public, but, for Natsu, I don't know how far I'd go. I did feel that sorry for him.

I need to forgive him and forget what had happened. Out of Gray and Natsu's fight, I was in the wrong this time. I had never thought I'd be in the position to apologise to another. Everyone turned to the door as it opened. Natsu smiled awkwardly as he walked to his seat. He looked at me and I quickly looked down onto my lap before looking back.

Well, he had the same idea as me to look away.

Was he scared of me? Did he think of me as a bully? How on Earth would I be able to apologise to him? Dear Irene, I need help. Would apologising fix something that was never there or create something new? Might as well take the chance during break, then.

"Lucy, they're playing a short film!"