Life before Nassau

Updated 3/28/2017

"Full sail!" Edward shouts from above deck.

"It must have finally calmed down", she spoke to herself. There had been a violent storm earlier that morning and she had been banished below deck through the duration of the storm. She hops off the bunk she was sitting upon and lands on the floor with a soft thud. She swiftly creeps towards the ladder peaking her head through the door only for it to be ripped from her hands.

"Sophia, I came to tell you that the storm broke but I see that I didn't need to waste my breath", Edward chuckled grabbing her arm gingerly lifting her body the rest of the way through the hatch.

"Thanks Edward, do you need any help up here?" She asks hoping the answer would be a yes.

"No lass, I wouldn't want you to get your pretty hands dirty!"

Clenching her fist tightly she let's out a loud huff she growls, "Get my Hands dirty? Do you remember the ship you sank a few months back? I was a deck hand on that rig! I don't like just sitting her twiddling my thumbs! I've been bored out of my mind!"

"Calm lass, we be at Nassau in only a few day. You will be more than helpful then, Just rest up now while you have the chance. You won't be sleeping much when you get there.", he said, sending a wink her way.

She grabs onto the thick rope running up the main sail, starting to climb then stops, "I ain't no whore Kenway, I won't be any... 'entertainment' for you bloody pirates."she snarls and climbs up to the crows nest.

Once she reaches the top she flops down crossing her legs. "Don't want to get your hands dirty lass" she mocks Edward, "I can handle myself, sometimes is really hate being a woman." Grumbling silently she leans against the pole. She closes her eyes, trying to remember how she even got herself into this mess.
---
"Mother I refuse to marry a man that I know nothing about!" She shout through a closed door her sky blue eyes filled with tears.

"I'm so sorry dear, there is nothing I can do. It is your father's wishes, this young man promised a great life for you. He is very rich and will make sure you have anything you need." Her mother sighed sadly through the door, "please get your things packed he will be here in the morning."

Hearing her mother's footsteps grow quiet she whispers. "I can't marry this man... I will just have to escape." She throws a few articles of clothing away in her rucksack and grabs a small blade she kept out of protection, she climbs out of the window landing on the roof of the house next door. She carefully slides down the tiles only to land in the bush next to the door and quickly jumps out.

"Ow Ow Ow! Of course it had to be roses!" She starts picking the thorns out of her soft skin. She hears voices from inside the house call out, "I think someone is out there."

"I have to get out of here, and quickly!"  she takes off as fast as she can heading towards the docks.

Singing can be heard as merchants load the ship with spices. She creeps slowly up and slinks onto the ship. Making her way below deck she sneaks behind a bag of spices. After a few minutes she flies forward as the small ship starts on its journey.

"Captain!", one of the men shout from above, "Where did you say we are headed?"

"We are headed toward Spain."

"Hmm... Spain that will be a new experience, I should probably learn a little Spanish then." she hums happily to herself excited to start on her new journey.

--

Feeling the soft mist hitting her face she opens her eyes. She may have lied to Edward about being a deck hand but he didn't need to know that. "I should get down from here, I'm starting to get a little cold."