Chapter 7: "I'm getting you away"

Chapter 7- "I'm getting you away."
{Dustin's P.O.V}  
A couple months had passed and I recently moved into my own place, it wasn't real big. It had a living room and right off from that was the kitchen, there was a bathroom, my bedroom, and my personal bathroom. Well Sarah has been over a few times, she doesn't visit often, and in school she acts like she's happy but she can't seem to pull on a real smile... I've checked her arms only a couple times when ever she gets to talking darkly about her future and I'm glad to report that she's stopped cutting. I thought everything was going fine... Until I learned the truth...

From: Sarah <3
"Dustin can you come get me please."

To: Sarah <3
"Yeah I'll be there in a moment, what's up?"

From: Sarah <3
"I just... I'll explain when you get here."
and with that I was out the door on my bike zooming down the road and pulled up to the curb of my girlfriends house to find her outside, tear stained face, bruises, a cut on her cheek still bleeding, and basically looking like she was just beat. She hopped on and I drove her over to my house we got in and I started questioning her.
"What in the world happened?" She broke, she fell to her knees and I caught her as she sobbed into my shoulder. I rocked Sarah gently back and forth on the floor allowing her to cry, until she could finally calm down.
"X-xander's been U-under a lot of S-stress lately and picked U-up D-drinking..." Xander did this to her? My grip tightened on her and she took a breath "I-it wasn't Xander who did this..." I looked her in the eyes "Then who?" She sniffled a little and I helped her wipe some of her tears away. "I tried getting in between my step father and Xander, they were fighting and it was getting out of hand... Xander left and my step father took the rest of his anger out on me..." I hate that douchebag... I hugged Sarah gently and helped her stand up "Come on let's take care of your wounds." I took her into my bathroom and set her up on the counter, patching up her cheek, and the scrapes on her knees and elbows. I headed off into the living room grabbing the bag of stuff she grabbed and bringing it into her, along with a towel and walking out as she cleaned herself up. I made some dinner for us and got dressed into some Pj's, and since she's terrified of going back she's going to stay here for the night. I had to sit there and argue with her for a half an hour that she could have my bed and I'd take the couch, but in the end I had to give in and allow my girlfriend to take the couch while I would sleep restlessly in my bed... She came out in a T-shirt and shorts, eat with me, and then we said our goodnights and she flopped down on my couch while I headed into my room... I think I slept six hours before loud banging was heard on my front door, I rushed out and Sarah jumped up from the floor she previously fell onto, I looked through the peephole and saw Xander.
"It's your brother." I whispered to her and she unlocked the door and opened it with me, Xander engulfed her into a hug
"Thank goodness you're alright!" I rolled my eyes at his blindness, Sarah was obviously not alright. She had bruises nearly everywhere, she had a very large bandage on her cheek that already had blood on it, and she had scrapes on her knees and elbows. Xander looked to me with a solemn look
"Dustin..." I let out a hum to answer him
"I need you to look after my sister for a few days, she can't go back home." we both looked at him but Sarah was the only one who spoke
"Why?" She questioned and Xander held her arms out
"Look at you! With me gone it'll be ten times worse, and I love you and all but I can't stay there anymore with him, Mom's blind to it all and she won't leave him, I want you out of harm's way..." I answered for her "No problem, she can stay with me until your mom figures out that the guy's a douche." Xander nodded and left and Sarah just stood there and then flipped "WHAT WAS THAT!?" I looked at her "What was what?" She made motions with her hands "You just acted like my opinion didn't matter in this and basically told me what I am going to do." I looked at her "Well your brother's right, for your own good you can't go back to that house, and where else are you going to stay?" She let out a huff of air, she knew when I was right. She trudged over to the couch and flopped down covering up "I'm going to sleep." I walked over and kissed her on the head, not caring if she was mad at me or not, and headed off to bed. Vowing that no matter what I will keep my love safe, even if it is the death of me.