Helping Draco Can Be A Task and A Half (Edited)

Nevaeh 

  After my run in with Nikki-literally I might add-I went back to mine and Draco’s compartment. When I got there he was sitting on the seat with his elbows resting on his knees and his face in his hands. I slid open the door and walked in, closing the door and curtains behind me. I walked over to him and sat down wrapping my arm around his shoulders. I could feel his body shudder and could hear the sobs coming from him. I just sat there holding my brother for a few minutes before he looked up at me with a shaky smile.

  "Nikki tell you I wanted to see you?" He asked me.

  I nodded and then sighed. "What happened to make you cry?" He gave me a look like he was going to protest but I cut him off, "Don't tell me you weren't. We're twins I could feel you were in distress before I got here. What happened?"

  He sighed in defeat, "I almost kissed Nikki. I wanted to kiss Nikki. I didn't kiss Nikki."

  I looked at him and smirked the famous Malfoy smirk. "You like her, don't you?"

  He looked at me and I could tell just by looking in his eyes he did. He nodded a slow nod and then looked away. "You like her brother, don't you?" He asked me.

  I was shocked at first but softened, he was my twin brother of course he was going to know when I liked someone. "Yeah."

  He shook his head and then said, "Sis, I need you to do me a favor."

  I looked at him. My brother looked so stressed. His shoulder muscles were tighter and there were bags under his eyes from lack of sleep. He hasn't been sleeping well for the past week, waking up every night screaming. I think that's why this year Dumbledore put Draco and I into the same dorm room, because Draco needed me. "Anything."

  "I need you to try and get Nikki to not like me. To not want to be around me. I can't have distractions." I could see the pain on his face as he closed his eyes. He really liked her.

  "Why? You like her, she likes you."

  He looked up at me anger showing in his eyes, "You know why. If he-" he paused and then continued, "-found out, I'd be dead."

  I nodded. This I did know, it was the same way with me. "I know this, Draco, it’s the same for me. Mom and Dad were already mad at me when I chose not to follow You-Know-Who, but if they found out they would have to tell him then he would sentence me to death. Even though I'm not a follower, I’d still be treated like a traitor."

  Draco shook his head and I could hear him sobbing all over again. He looked up at me tears streaking down his face, "I can't get close to her. We can talk about this later, okay? Just promise me you will do this, just this once."

  I looked at my brother. He was older than me by four minutes and yet when it was just us he would show just how scared he was. I knew he was afraid, I was too. I knew I needed to do this for my brother, I could see the pleading in his gray eyes. Finally I nodded and we sat there in silence for a few minutes before someone opened the door. I looked up and it was Harry.

  I smiled at first he was so cute. He wore a blue shirt and a gray sweatshirt that was unzipped. He wore blue jeans and black shoes. On his left wrist looked like a black or brown bracelet that looked homemade. His normal untidy hair was still untidy and his green eyes were so stunning. There was a small smile playing at the corners of his mouth but it looked like he was trying to keep from smiling.

  He looked at me, "Can I talk to you, Nevaeh?" he paused and looked at Draco then added, "Alone?"

  I nodded and then looked at Draco unsure. He just looked at me and nodded. I stood up and followed Harry out of the compartment.