Find Me (A Doctor Who FanFic)

Start from the beginning

Thunder chuckled overhead and rain began to pour down, mixing with the tears that stung my cheeks bitterly.

I sobbed in the agony of him leaving me, of what I knew was to come, of how he had not answered my declaration.

The hands that held me captive jerked me away and through a pair of heavy wooden doors into the stone structure that loomed over my head like a death sentence.

Everything was made of cool stone, lit only by the moon that leaked through the windows and the small, very few candles that lined the halls.

There was no sound, nothing to betray the horrors that occurred here, but I knew better.

I knew exactly what would happen to me.

Something chimed in my head, and I could only see his face, his grayish eyes filled with a multitude of colors, swirling with time and brightened with space.

I recalled every conversation, every adventure we had shared. I remembered the moment I had first found him, or rather, he had found me.

If I was going to survive, I needed those memories. And I knew I was in great danger of losing them.

This place, this massive stone castle that was hidden between the mountains of God-knows-where was no ordinary building.

I had dreamed of it before. I knew of every evil that had happened here, and I knew what they would do to me. I was different, special. They wanted my abilities. There was only one way to ensure that they could use me for their own wants.

"I love you." I whispered, still being forced onwards towards one of the medieval looking doors, "I will not forget."

It became a chant that poured from my mouth. I spoke each word deliberately, vehemently. If I didn't mean it, then what chance would I have of surviving what they were going to do to me?

I passed through the door and stumbled down the spiral stairs, the air smelling moldy and old, making me wrinkle my nose in disgust.

I had dreamed of this walk, this painful march to my death so many times. I had only mentioned it to him recently.

This wasn't truly a march to my death. Rather, it was a walk to something much worse than death.

I remembered the sudden anger in his eyes, the concern, the resolve to change what I had dreamt.

He had failed.

The moans and shrieks of agony made me cringe as the men guided me onwards, only a handful of torches lighting the place, casting dim shadows to creep over the slick stone floors.

Each wall held a line of cells, their bars rusty and inhabitants even more terrifying.

I had seen my fair share of inhuman species, but these creatures snarled and hissed and spat like beasts of nightmares.

I shied away from them and finally made it to the end of the hall, another wooden door swinging open to reveal a blinding light. I blinked madly as my eyes adjusted to the sudden brightness and a circular room came into focus.

The lights overhead were industrial and large, their light so strong it made me feel sick. The walls were pristine white, but lining the room were four doors that were surprisingly different from the rest of the structure. Everything else looked like it was ancient and centuries old, but this room was like a laboratory, incredibly modern and strikingly clean.

The men threw me forward and I nearly toppled over, eyeing the others in the room with disgust.

A few other men and women occupied the place, donning long white coats that looked like they belonged in a science lab. Some held clip boards, others were seated at long tables with screens in front of them, tapping buttons and inputting information.