Chapter Eighteen

"Fred! Sit!" Albus yelled from across the hall. I saw that he was sitting with Hugo and Lysander.

I made my way towards the table and sat next to Lysander. "What's new?" He asked.

"Um. I just told Draevyn I loved her." Lysander spat his coffee all over Albus and Hugo.

"You what?" 

"You heard me." I looked down at my hands.

Albus sat up. "Well, what did she say?" He asked intrigued.

"What do you think?" I asked sarcastically.

Hugo's face dimmed. "Well at least... Now that you know that she doesn't feel the same... You can forget about her." He looked at Albus and Lysander. "Right?"

I hated to pretend that Draevyn broke my heart into a million pieces, because I had just heard her say that she loved me.

Thankfully Albus changed the topic. "So who are you going to the ball with?" he asked me. 

"I don't know." I replied. 

"Well that's good." He piped up.

"How do you figure?" I asked grimly.

He smiled. "Because I got you a date with Violet Parkinson."

"You've got to be joking." I replied. 

*~* 

Draevyn's POV

Tonight was the Yule Ball. I was so uneasy. I had gotten through the first task which was more dangerous than a dance.  "Drae? You getting ready?" Molly asked through the door. 

My voice was shaky. "Uh, yeah."

"Oh, well, Anna and me are going down to the ball. See you there." The ball wasn't for another hour and I still wasn't ready.

I decided to get out my dress, and then do my hair and makeup. 

*~*

I peaked around the corner and saw the other champions and their dates. Collin was pacing, to eager to notice me. Fred came around the corner in dress robes and a black mask, the only reason I knew that it was him was of because of his fiery red hair, He looked up and saw me. I darted out of sight and walked down the corridor a couple of paces. Fred turned the corner.

"Draevyn? Why don't you have your mask on yet?" He asked coming toward me. 

I looked at the mask in my hands. "Oh, I didn't notice." 

"Do you want me to help you?" He asked. 

"Uh, yeah, thanks." Fred took the mask from my hands. He stood behind me and I positioned the mask on my face. He took the ties and tied them in a bow. 

"There." He sighed. I turned around and looked him in the eyes. They were brown and perfect circles. 

"See you on the dance floor." I said smiling. I walked down the corridor and towards the champions. 

Headmistress Macgonagal turned around. "Ah, Miss Malfoy, right on time." Collin stopped pacing and looked up at me. 

"Wow." I saw him muttered. He was in a dark green mask with gold accents. 

I walked towards him and we joined the group of champions. "Now," started Macgonagal, "the champions are first to dance, then every one else joins in. After that you can do whatever you want the rest of the night."

Karkoroff came over and whispered in Macgonagal's ear. "I have been informed that we are ready to start." 

We all lined up. Florin and his date were first, then Clarice and her date, then me and Collin. We walked onto th dance floor and waited for the music to start. Professor Flitwick called attention and started the waltz. 

Collin and I danced. At the proper time he picked me up and spun me around. Then Karkoroff and a woman I suspected was his wife came onto the dance floor. Other's followed and before I knew it the entire dance floor was covered and the waltz was over. 

"Come with me." Collin pulled me away from the dance floor and into the night chill.