Jimmy's First Discoveries

Start from the beginning

From,

Lavender

Hermione's mouth opened in shock, her heart shattering the more she read on. Once she finished the second one, she opened the last one in her hand. Apparently, this letter was sent only two days ago, the day she went dress shopping.

Ron,

I'm very happy you chose me, but you still need to tell her. You have two days, or I will tell her for you.

I'll see you in two days,

Lavender

Hermione stood there and dropped the letters, feeling so numb. She grabbed the letters and waddled her way into the living room, making sure she was alone. Looking, she exhaled as she knew that Fred left a while ago. She collapsed on the love seat and cried, not hearing the sound of the front door opening. She didn't even realize that a presence was before her until it spoke.

"I'm sorry you had to find out this way," Ron's saddened voice said. She looked up and saw Lavender handing on Ron's arm, looking up at him lovingly and down at her sadly, feeling guilty.

"Why?" she asked, "how long?"

"Lavender can you leave us?"

Lavender gave Hermione a sorry look and walked upstairs the leave the former friends alone.

"When did it start?"

He sighed, "It started on your eighteenth birthday. Lav's boyfriend broke up with her and she was so sad. Being a friend,  I comforted her, she kissed me, and one thing led to another. I didn't want to tell you because I knew it was going to hurt you.

"I felt worried about her, so I visited her during break, which was why I couldn't eat lunch with you. It then started to happened everyday until I proposed to you, then we barely saw each other. Until she started sending me letters on the first few days of our engagement. Then she told me a while ago that she was pregnant."

"So, you don't want her to be alone."

"I knew you would understand."

"No, I don't. But I do know you love her," she took off the ring and handed it to her, "give it to her."

He looked at her sadly, "I didn't want to hurt you. "

"It's too late for that," she whispered, "you could have just told me the first day it started. I would have been upset, but I would have gotten over it. But now we are a week away from our wedding and you tell me now. I'm more hurt."

"I'm sorry!"

"Just leave," she commanded, "I am going to move out by tomorrow and you can move in here with your lover."

Lavender came down, tears running down her cheeks, "I'm so sorry. I never meant for this to happen."

She patted Lavender on her shoulder, "It's okay. As long as you're happy."

"I'm very happy," she said.

"Good."

With a flick of her wand, all of her things were packed into several large suitcases. She gave one last sad smile to the couple and walked to the fireplace, flooing to the twin's shop. Once she made it there safely, she fell to the floor and cried, not caring if people saw her.

"Hey Herms," George's voice echoed around the empty shop. His smile faded once he saw the red rims of her bloodshot eyes.

"Hey, are you alright? What happened to your ring?"

Realization hit him before he looked down at her sadly, "Herms, I'm so sorry. How about I bring you to our house."

"I don't want to be a bother," she sniffed.

"It's going to be okay," he assured, "we have nothing to do all week anyway."

He helped her carry her luggage and helped her into the small fire place. The green fire ate them and spat them out in the twins' house. Just like their office, it was colorful and bright, the walls and furniture giving off a happy vibe.

"I hope you like it. Do you want to sleep now?"

She nodded.

"You can sleep in Fred's room for now. He's going to be very busy and I need to talk to him about something. You don't mind if he knows, do you?"

She shook her head.

"Good. Now, I'll show you to Fred's room."

He led her into a dark hall, the walls only illuminated from the light under the doors. He stoped at the second door on the right and opened it up to her.

"Here you go. You can change and go to sleep whenever you want. Goodnight."

He left her in the empty room, her tears falling again. She jumped in the bed and cried again, her heart broken. Jimmy, noticing her despair, cuddled into her, hoping it would help. She finally cried herself into a dreamless sleep.