CHAPTER FIVE

H i s T h i r s t (All Rights Reserved)

WARNING THIS BOOK CONTAINS RATED R MATERIAL THROUGHOUT!

C H A P T E R F I V E

MIA'S POV

I woke up to the smell of delicious food. I instantly opened my eyes and sat up to see where it was coming from. Inches away from the bed, laid a shirtless Shade was a plate of hot food. I had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming. After how we ended things last night, I would have never guess this would happen.

        "What's going on?" I asked as I watched him run a hand through his long black hair. The pitch black window curtains moved by themselves and let in the bright sun shine into the room. I eyed them worriedly. I've never seen anything like that happen before. These vampires were used to their fancy machines they were always coming up with. They did live forever so they had all the time in the world to invent random stuff.

        "I'm just being a good master and feeding my maid. We have a long day ahead of us." Shade's skin in the sun shimmered with a layer of sweat like he had just finished working out. His abs and muscles were even more define because of it. His clear blue eyes shined as he gave me a smile. Of course it was a more of a smirk, none the less I was not expecting it. Everything he was doing was catching me off guard.

        Was this his plan?

        My stomach decided to growl at that time, not letting me refuse the food. "Thank you,"

        Once I began to eat he then said, "Good maids also feed their masters."

        I dropped the fork on the plate and stopped eating to glare at him. "I'm not going to be a maid for long, so don't even think about biting me you leech."

        My instincts were right, he did this for a reason.

        Shade was on top of me the next second and I wasn't about to let him try anything. When I had dropped the fork, I did not let go of the knife that came with it. Shade froze above me as that same knife was pressing into his chest, right under his ribs. All I had to do was stab upwards right into his dead heart.

        Shade's eyes flickered down at mine and in that second he remembered why they called me Angel of Death. I had killed so many vampires that I knew where to stab for the quickest kill. "Let I said, I won't be anyone's maid for long. Either you sit down and let me finish eating or I'll kill you. Simple as that."

        Why didn't I just kill him and escape? Because that's a death wish. When you kill a royal member every powerful vampire of each house hold that makes the royal family comes to kill you. If I wanted to escape alive I needed to do so without killing a royal vampire.

        Shade slowly sat back down and I used my knife to stab the piece of meat while I watched him. His smirk was gone and it was like he was watching me for who I really was. A killer of his kind. But the thing is, I always killed to protect, not for fun and games.

        "You are not what I imagined." Shade said and I rolled my eyes.

        "You are more dumb than I had imagined, giving me a knife and all." I said waving it around as I talked with my mouth full.

        It was his time to roll his eyes, "You will not use it against me. That I'm sure of."

        I didn't say anything as he got up and proceeded to change. I watched him from where I sat and also looked at everything. There was two doors. One wooden one, that most likely lead to the castle and the other was a glass one that lead outside. Depending on how high we were, that one was a good escape door.

        Shade threw me some clothes at my face, "Get changed or I'll do it for you."

        And so he was back at being his usual self. Great.