Tips on how to Back-Up and Copy Many Files to Many Locations

Backing up data is essential for anybody doing continuously changing work. This speaks principally to programmers, designers, and writers. The wonder of modern technology is the ability to work anywhere in the world. However, nothing is worse than the sense of working relentlessly for hours only to have the computer restart and all your work be lost. Hours upon hours of cumbersome work can be deleted forever in the matter of a few seconds. And the worst part is, neither you nor anyone else can do anything about it.

Luckily, alternatives are available to ease any concerns of losing data. The most typical way of [http://www.hothotsoftware.com/copy-multiple-files-to-multiple-directories_software/ backing up data] is through the customary Windows Backup. Individuals can indicate intervals of when they would like the computer backed up (every hour, month, etc) and also denote where the information needs to be backed up. However, the largest issue with this is that Windows Backup will back up your entire computer. While this is certainly valuable as computer issues do occur, it is usually unnecessary if you are searching for regular backups while working for a few hours. Backing up the entire computer for the benefit of one or a few files is a waste of both storage space and computer processing power.

A second alternative technique for backing up data is to manually save your work to either a USB drive, CD/ DVD, or the Cloud. Saving to a CD/ DVD is effective but lengthy. It can take a few minutes just to set up the CD to be burned, aside from actually copying the files. Saving files to a USB stick or to the Cloud will be faster than a CD, but the problem with all of the earlier methods is that they require the user to manually start the [http://www.hothotsoftware.com/copy-multiple-files-to-multiple-directories_software/ back up]. If the user simply does not remember to back up their data at one point then all of their new work may be deleted.

Through software located at www.hothotsoftware.com, it is possible to specify one folder to be automatically backed up, rather than the full content of a hard drive or by manual techniques. By searching 'How to Automatically Backup and Copy Multiple Files to Multiple Directories and Multiple Folders Software', a classic, user friendly program is available which allows for ease in backing up data. The first step is to select the folder or folders where the work is saved that you want to back up. Next, a preferred [http://www.hothotsoftware.com/copy-multiple-files-to-multiple-directories_software/ back up folder] needs to be chosen. This back up location may come from a a large number of locations. It may be a different directory on your personal machine or may be a USB stick. Finally, the interval for back up can be selected in any time period from 1 second to over 2 hours. This will guarantee a steady copy of your work when changes are being done very quickly and in short intervals.

For an IT professional performing network maintenance, numerous external computers may be chosen as the destination file location. This allows for a network of computers to be updated simultaneously. Any files being altered can be jointly changed throughout a large network of machines.

To learn how to quickly back up your data or update many machines, please visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DksU6pv-2gs. Don't waste time transferring files around unnecessarily, simply establish a program to save your files where and when you need them.