Chapter Two

I landed with a thump, and all I could think was, "how rude!"  I swept my hair away from my eyes and looked up to see who had so abruptly pulled me down.  I did not know him, but he was looking at me, smirking and chuckling.  After about five seconds of staring at each other, I found the nerve to ask him what he was laughing at.

        "What's so funny?"

        "You've got the most priceless look on your face.  I wish we were allowed to bring cameras, because that picture would be my home screen."

        "Well then.  I'm glad we aren't allowed.  That would be weird, you know, especially because I don't even know you."

        "Really are you sure? You must have heard of me."

        "I can't decide if you are really bad at making friends, or just plain cocky.  Actually, I think you might be both."

        "And I think you are very indecisive."

        "Why might you say that?  Wait, never mind, I'd rather not know."

        "Alright then.  I hope you enjoy the six hour drive without anyone to talk to."

        With that I turned myself to the side, so that my knees were in the isle, and my back was facing what's-his-name.  I realized I was blushing, and I started to fan myself in attempts to make it less obvious.  "Where is Rachel," I thought to myself.   I began to look around me, and I found her cringing while the boy beside her sneezed without covering his mouth. I wrinkled my nose in disgust, and she gagged.  We both rolled our eyes before I noticed her looking at something behind me.  I whipped my head around, and whacked straight into what's-his-name's head.  What a snoop.  I turned back to Rachel, and she wiggled her shoulders and gave me lovey-dovey eyes.  Oh dear lord.  I would never hear the end of this.  

        I spun back around to face what's-his-name, and he was laughing at me again while rubbing his head.  

        "Are you sure you don't want to know my name?"

        "Fine.  What's your name?"

        "I, am Leo Bell, and you are..."

        "I'm Sophia Barron."

        "Well, that's a nice name, but I think I like mine better."

        "I've made up my mind.  You're just cocky."

        "Oh.  Well I guess I can't call you indecisive anymore."

        Before I could say anything, the bus jolted sideways, running over a bump in the road.  I slid across the seat, and landed on top of Leo.  The bus came back to it's original path, and I looked up to him.  Now I knew I was blushing, and there was no hiding it.  This time, I saw him differently.  His smirk disappeared, and a gentle smile replaced it.  I was glad he was blushing too, otherwise I would have been been more embarrassed than I already was.  His arm wrapped around my back and he placed me in my seat. I heard him mutter under his breath, "Well gee, I hope there's more bumps."