Chapter 2. Terrors

I awoke screaming. As tears and all my fears spew out of me. I’m covered in perspiration and am clutching the blanket with a firm grip. Catching my breath…I look at the time. It is 3:13am.. I can remember my nightmare so vividly.

“…its past midnight and im listening to music on my iPod. But out of nowhere the music stops and my iPod immediately dies…the battery drains right in front of me. I look around and a figure appears before me. Lanky and jet-black with no eyes and a gapping mouth that is twitching. I scream in terror. I jump up and reach for the door only to find that my legs are bound with chains to the floor. Trying my hardest to pull my legs out, I hear my bones break as I try to escape. Yet I feel no pain…I look up at the figure in horror as it begins to shriek and cry the most spine chilling shrills I have ever heard. It tears itself apart and all it’s inside body parts spew all over me and I begin to drowned in the figures darkness. I choke as air is taken from me and I feel myself dying…. Worst of all, I take a small glance to where my legs are chained up as I see my best friend Lacy holding the key to the locked chains and she is laughing hysterically…..so much pain than floods me and I finally die..” 

That’s when I woke up screaming…

I never understood the nightmares. I had been having them for such a long time now and they still effected me.

I suffered from night terrors since I was 8 years old. They are a dark curse that will not leave me.

I picked up my phone on my night stand and dialed in the familiar number that I knew by heart.

I was calling Lacy.

“Come on! Pick up” I said in a whispered tone as the phone rung.

I was scared and feeling terrified after my nightmare. I would always call Lacy when I had a really horrible nightmare and she was always there to listen even at 3am.

Lacy finally answered with a groggy tone “hey babe, tell me all about it?’

She knew the routine… and I began to spill my guts out and all my fears about the nightmare, to the point where I’m on the brink of tears and I’m shaking.

“riley baby, calm down” she says as she tries to comfort me.

“im just so scared. Why do you think you were the one in my dream not letting me escape?’ I questioned

“im not sure, but im pretty sure it holds no significance” she says calmly “besides I could never do such a thing, yu know id be the first person to help you escape any type of pain. I am always here.”

I was slowly calming down and maybe Lacy was right. The nightmare meant nothing. I had them all the time. They just never usually had Lacy in them and that’s what scared me the most.

“your right” I told her, saying what I had just thought.

“do you need me to sing you a lullaby to sooth you even more?” she asked

I smiled at her question. She always knew how to make me feel so much better

I giggled “sure”

Lacy giggled as well and than began. She was singing Your Gaurdian angel by the Red jump suit apparatus.

Her voice was the loveliest thin I had ever heard…I closed my eyes and listened to her singing.

"I will never let you fall

I'll stand up with you forever

I'll be there for you through it all

Even if saving you sends me to Heaven.”

It was so beautiful. she didn’t stop singing until the song was completely finished.

I was so happy that Lacy was my best friend. I could get through anything with her around.

“thank you so much, that really helped me Lace.” I told her sounding a lot better.

“no problem, anything for you.”

“you always know what to do in my times of need.”

She laughed and we talked for awhile more.

Untill she said she was tired and needed rest.

“see you at registration later today babe” she said.

“alright Lace, I love you. Sleep good” I ended

“I love you too riley.”

We finally hung up. We had been on the phone for an hour.

Ha

Time sure did pass……and now that I had though about it.. I was actually a tired. Worn out from all my crying and tears.

I rested my head back down on my pillow.

Hopefully I could sleep peacefully now.. o_o and when I awoke again it would be a new day.

Although I didn’t like the thought of having to waste my day at registration for school…

But at least I’d be with my Lacy . :]