Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Annabelle's POV

God, my head hurt.

"Shit" I groaned. Whispering then filled my ears and I felt a presence.

I brought my hand up to my forehead and rubbed it, trying to sooth my hangover. It wasn't working.

My eyes slowly fluttered open to be greeted by a boy hovering inches above my face.

I quickly realised how weird this was and before I could think about it, I grabbed the boys collar and flipped us over so I was straddling him. I noticed a knife in a holster attached to his belt and snatched it up, pushing it against his neck.

"Who the fuck are you?" I spat.

He just smirked and put his hands on my hips,

"I'm Peter. Peter Pan." He murmured. He made me sick.

"Get your fucking hands off me before I cut them off." I threatened. Suddenly, the memories of yesterday came rushing back and my eyes filled with tears.

The boys smirk quickly fell from his face and concern shadowed his features.

"Are you ok, Annabelle?" He whispered.

I was too absorbed in my thoughts to realise I had tears sliding down my face. One landed on the boys face, who brought his hand up to my face and stroked my tears away.

I rolled off of him onto the other side of the bed and curled into a ball, sobbing.

The boy scooped me up and sat me in his lap. I snuggled into his chest and cried into his t-shirt. It felt so weird to just do this but I felt safe in his arms.

My grasp on the knife loosened and I dropped it onto the bed. My now free hands clung onto the boys green shirt as he rubbed circles into my back.

I took a deep breath and uncurled myself from him. He held me at arms length and gave me a sympathetic smile.

"Umm, what did you say your name was, sorry?" I sniffed and wiped my eyes.

"Peter. Peter Pan." He replied.

"What?" I whispered.

"Uh, Peter Pan," He murmured, looking down.

Sudden realisation hit me and anger fired through my body. I leaped out of his lap and stormed to the other side of the room,

"Oh, I get it! You're just like every other boy! You're just fucking with my mind! I can't believe I was foolish enough to just jump into your arms! And you just expect me to believe that you're Peter Pan! Next you'll tell me we flew here and that we're in Neverland. I'm so done with boys. I'm so fucking done!" I screamed and stormed through some sort of material that looked like it could be used as a door.

"Annabelle! It's no like that! Come on, Annabelle!" The liar yelled after me.

As I ran past the fur, my path was blocked by a hard chest that quickly stumbled over due to my force. The boy quickly scrambled up from the floor and joined a group of boys next to the door. They were all dressed in animal skins so they slightly resembled the animal.

I hadn't realised I'd stopped moving until they cleared their throats.

"Oh just- just piss off!" I screamed, and stormed towards a door that lead me into a forested area.

I stopped running after a while when a small sanded area came into view. I walked to the middle and slumped myself down on a tree trunk.

I threw my head in my hands and let my thoughts consume my mind.

'Where am I? Why am I here? Is this just a joke someone's playing on me?' I thought to myself. Who pretends to be Peter Pan?

My life is so messed up! I have nothing left for me now.

I sighed as a single tear slid down my cheek. I sat on the floor and rested my back against the log, with my knees up to my chest and my arms wrapped around them. I stared out into the distance, blankly as more tears began to cascade down my face.

After a while, I felt a hand on my shoulder. I didn't move as arms wrapped themselves around me. I was pulled close to someone but I stayed in the same position staring into the same spot.

I think we stayed in silence for a few minutes,

"Annabelle? Please say something." I recognised the voice as the boy from earlier. Concern laced his voice, yet I wasn't sure why.

"Why would you kidnap me and tell me you're a fictional boy?" I whispered.

He sighed and cuddled me tight before standing up and putting his hand out for me. I didn't take it so he gently took mine and tugged me up, softly.

He looked into my eyes and gave me a sad smile. Then, he started to edge off the ground. My eyes widened as he began to float in the air.

"Oh my god..." I whispered and tried to get my hand out of his grasp but his grip tightened as I pulled away.

He got higher until he could hardly hold my hand anymore. Then, he shot me a mischievous grin and pulled my hand, pulling me into his chest.

"What did I tell you?" He whispered into my ear as he nuzzled my neck, kissing it slightly. My eyes fluttered closed in pleasure as I moaned slightly.

He stopped, slowly and pulled his head away from my neck. I opened my eyes and looked around. We were above the trees in the forest and I could see the ocean and a few rocky areas.

I turned my gaze towards the boy, who was looking at me, intently.

"Peter- Peter Pan?" I said breathlessly. He gave me a small grin and edged closer to my face,

"That's me" He whispered, and brushed his lips against mine. I took in a sharp breath and he chuckled, softly. He pressed his lips harder against mine as I tightened my grip around his neck.

Suddenly, I felt something being sprinkled onto my face as I started to be lifted from Peter's embrace. I opened my eyes and saw him grinning at me again,

"You're flying, Annabelle." He said.

"Holy mother of god!" I exclaimed, making Peter laugh.

"Annabelle," He said as he came closer to me, taking my face in his hands, "RACE YOU BACK!" He screamed and quickly flew off.