Scroll 47: Second Djinn and Azami's Duplicate

Start bij het begin

"No. I am not weak. You're the weak one because you use others' weakness to hide your own. Azami-nee tries to show that she's strong but in the end, she is weak but has a strong and determined will. That is your difference!" Shadow grinned and stood in a stance to form a destruction magic. I was not worried because I have faith in him.

"Almawt Aljalid!" Their magic clashed against each other and at first, Shadow was getting the upper hand but Setta wasn't one to back down.

"HAAAAAAAHHHH!!"

"TAKE THIS!!"

An explosion occurred that made everyone turn their heads to Setta. Hakuryuu and Sinbad were astonished to see Setta standing in victor. Ice covered Shadow and he took it down with wind magic. The rukh within shadow disseminate and the rukh returned to the Great Flow of the Rukh.

'Where I'll return soon.' I smiled bitterly at the thought. Setta slumped on the floor and rested. Sinbad and Hakuryuu, on the other hand, were in the middle of their heated talk. I noticed it just now but Hakuryuu changed equip to Belial. It gave him a slight upper hand against the Ice Djinn. Valefor, in Sinbad's body, asked Hakuryuu to tell him his answer.

"You have to find an answer to the trial I proposed to you. However, destiny toyed with you the most amongst the King Vessel. More like crushed you. I don't think you'll be able to tell Valefor an answer."

"What did you say?"

Sinbad opened his palm and an image of Kou Empire during the war appeared. There were desperate look on people's face and I guess it was really tough for them. Sinbad reminds him of his mistakes and sacrifices made. I knew that Sinbad was manipulative but I wondered what Hakuryuu will take.

"Your misfortune was caused by Solomon's arrogance! In this world, bad faith falls upon those who didn't sin and despairs in this irrational world!" I clenched my hands tighter and watched the scene before me unfold. They were always blaming Solomon for his mistake. Everyone makes mistake. Why can't they get that? Why are they so hard-headed? Why blame it to him? He was human just like us! He didn't even choose that path yet he had to!

"Azami. Let's get out of here and proceed to the next dungeon." I nodded.

Valefor's Dungeon
3rd POV

"I want to change the world! I want to bless those who make sacrifices and give punishment to the wicked. We should create such a just world! Don't you agree!?" He exclaimed. Hakuryuu asked, "A just world you say?" Sinbad just smirked and asked once more what to be distrustful of this irrational world that made him acknowledge the purple haired king as his conqueror. Hakuryuu sighed and took his choice. He slashed his self in the image and looked at him in the eye.

"I will give you the power of each kings! With this power, you will fight against destiny!" Hakuryuu proclaimed. An image of Kogyouku appeared to take the throne. She grew into a large image of her self and expressed her desire to fight against the new war. Sinbad was not amused by how things were going.

"What are you doing?"

"I have yielded my position as the emperor to my sister. It's true that I'm a broke king vessel. However, if I combine my strength with that of others, we can support each other and rebuild the country we love. I am happy that I did such thing. Besides, you never trusted your power to others. You only trusted yourself, right? That's why you assumed that huge appearance." That took Sinbad gapping. He continued to talk about his sister, the world and sharing responsibilities with others. Sinbad stared at him and asked if that was his answer.

"You're asking me if what I should believe in? You should believe in the people beside you! Because the Hingis you believe to be right will change many times through out your life. That's a difficult thing to admit." The black haired conqueror smirked. Sinbad smiled.

"I understand you, Hakuryuu. We really are incompatible after all. But wouldn't the king be abandoning his responsibilities? The king decided what is right and has to lead the way for his people. If the king wavers, others will lose their way and things will fall apart."

Hakuryuu contradicted him and asked what if the king's thoughts were not rightful at all. Sinbad was confused and he then elaborated it by letting his country be an example. He told that that he used to think that revenge was always the answer to his problem but when it was finally fulfilled, he lost his way.

"What about you, Sinbad? Can you say that what you think right now will never change? Aren't you worried that your path might change? Or by becoming god, are you free from such worries? Instead, that is what I want to ask. Tell me, King Sinbad." Hakuryuu demanded. Sinbad was silent for a while but an irk mark could be seen.

"Hakuryuu. I called you here to ask to ask a question! What insolence to answer my question with your own!" He pointed at him. Hakuryuu laughed before apologizing.

"I believe in myself. I set out to rid this world of war and I exactly did that. I have pride that I could do that which others could not. From long ago, I could see it. What is it I should do?"

"Destiny?"

"Yeah! I was convinced by after Aladdin showed us the fate of Alma Torran. The existence of fate." Sinbad grinned. Hakuryuu stood his guard down.

"So you don't believe in anyone but yourself?"

"No, no. I believe in my friends."

"But you think that they're weak, smaller than your existence, right? Like Azami-dono said, you don't like sharing burden to others that you shoulder everything." That shut him up. Sinbad had this contemplating face before saying that it did not mean that he did not believe in his friends. Like what Judar said, everybody had their own roles, that they have different capabilities suitable for another role. Hakuryuu was surprised that Judar said that.

"Just like you weren't suitable to be an emperor, Hakuryuu."

"That's right."

Sinbad exclaimed that there are prices for failures and that he could not ignore that. He even spewed things about eliminating borders between countries, consolidating the world's power and all. Hakuryuu countered it that power should be shared. Sinbad was gave him an incredulous look and inquired if he was doubting him. The look on Hakuryuu's face answered him.

"I can't do that."

"Why?"

"Because there is no one else I can share the power of God with. Besides me, there is no one else that can lead the world in a good direction." Sinbad stared at him with diction but Hakuryuu told him that there will be people who will be greater than him. Who have a good sense of rationality.

"How about Azami? I heard that you were chasing after her."

"That I was but she was under Solomon's influence and I couldn't change her rukh. It was saddening. She was lovely. Although she may posses wisdom, she was impotent." Sinbad simply answered. Hakuryuu glared at the man and asked him if there were not really human who were better than the purple haired king. Sinbad gave him a smile and answered his question. Hakuryuu' eyes widened at the answer and Valefor let out his power. Hakuryuu questioning him was enough since Sinbad would always love to get things head on.

"So that was it after all."

Sacred Palace
Azami

Azami took her pace faster before entering another dungeon. It was Crocell's. Unlike the others, Sinbad was not expecting her. Furcas glared at the djinn and she sweatdropped at their glaring competition.

'Were they really against each other?'

"Well, well. I wasn't expecting this surprise. How wonderful, Azami. How did you escape the darkness?" He inquired.

"That is for me to know and for you to find out, Sinbad. Now, do I have to fight you or just answer ridiculous questions?" She asked. He laughed at her audacity before giving her a creepy smile.

"We will play a game."

=END=