Chapter Six♥

Comincia dall'inizio

       “I don’t care and there’s nothing going on between us, I’m just curious.” I answered defensively.

        “Well in that case, you don’t need to know anything.” Mum shrugged carelessly.

        I huffed in frustration, “Fine.”

        “Don’t take that tone with me young lady!” Mum barked and I slumped further into my chair. This morning was just getting worse and worse. I was about to say something when I heard Adrianna running into the living room. She was still in her pajamas – they were black of course, and her blonde hair was wavy. Her eyes were lit with excitement and I had to blink a few times to adjust to her appearance without her heavy makeup.

        “Hey Mum! Dad! You’ll never guess what! I won some tickets to the –“Adrianna began hurriedly, a white envelope clutched in her hands, before Dad cut her off.

        “We can’t talk right now honey.”

        Adrianna’s face fell, “I was only saying –“

       “Honey, can we talk about this later, we’re trying to sort things out with Jade.” Mum said tiredly.

        Adrianna glanced over at me, a brief flash of hurt in her eyes before they darkened. Her face became expressionless as she shoved the envelope into her dressing gown pocket. “Whatever.” She stormed out of the living room and I heard the front door slam shut. Mum and Dad continued to stare disapprovingly at me, completely unaware that their daughter had gone outside in her pajamas.

           “I –“ I started to say but Mum quickly silenced me.

          “Go upstairs to your room; I don’t want to see you for the rest of the day,” Her eyes fell on Jared’s jacket which was still wrapped around my shoulders, “And take that thing off.”

            I sighed and nodded.

           When it came to Mum, there was no point arguing.

             I was curled up on my bed, looking over my messages with a miserably frown on my face. I was definitely in the dog house right now, I had been grounded for two weeks and had been made to do all the chores for three weeks, Mum had even said I had to do Adrianna’s chores, which meant on top of washing up, drying the dishes and hovering the house, I would have to mow the lawn and empty the rubbish and recycling too.

              I had 3 new messages on my phone.

             The first one was from Lucy, she was freaking out about going home with Karl. The whole text consisted of swearing and exclamation marks. I sent her a text back insisting that she calmed down and reminded her that it was her idea to go home with him, and she had seemed awfully into him last night when she was shoving her tongue down his throat.

                The second one was from Violet.

        Hey, im sorry for being a total bitch last night! i didnt mean anything i said, i know you wouldn’t snog someone behind the bike shed, youre a classy girl;)xxx

          I frowned down at her text. I knew that Violet was being genuine, but I knew that there was something she wasn’t telling me. She had seemed awfully quick to think that Edward and I were hooking up, and I’m pretty sure it had nothing to do with the alcohol she had consumed, she had been questioning us about our relationship for weeks. Deep down I think I knew what was going on with her, she was my best friend and I wasn’t stupid, I could tell that recently she had been developing a slight crush on Edward.

            I sent her a text back telling her it was ok and that she didn’t have to worry. I didn’t mention Edward, I figured that she would tell me soon anyway; Violet could never hide anything from me for too long.

          I nearly choked on my own spit when I saw who the last text was from. My eyes widened when I read over the text, my teeth gnawing at my bottom lip as I tried to ignore the warm fuzzy feeling that settled in my stomach.

           Hey, its Jared, I put my number in your phone last night. i hope youre ok. i carried you in last night because i didn’t want to wake you because you looked really tired and cute.Your parents didn’t look too happy though, I hope I didn’t cause any trouble…

             I reread the message again and my cheeks heated up when I scanned over the words where he claimed that I looked cute when I was sleeping. For some reason I wasn’t mad that Jared had put his number into my phone, after last night I didn’t really know where I stood with him. He had been so nice to me, giving me his jacket, rescuing me from Darren and even carrying me into my room so that he didn’t have to wake me up.

           I felt as if Jared had a polar opposite, sometimes he was a cocky prick and then in some occasions, he could be a really sweet guy.

             I fell back onto my bed with a groan.

             Why was I even thinking about him?

            He had only sent me one text!

           He probably didn’t even notice that he had called me cute, he was probably lying, I knew what I looked like when I was sleeping, and it definitely was not cute. I was overthinking things, the text didn’t mean anything, and neither did last night!

           I rubbed my hands over my face and tried to ignore the various rants going through my head. I huffed and positioned myself so that I was curled under the covers. I forced my eyes shut and tried to go to sleep, my head was still pounding and I knew that when I woke up later, all these thought of Jared would be gone.

          The last thought that came to my head before sleep found me was, maybe I’m totally wrong about Jared?

       A/N - Only a little bit of Jared in this chapter but I hope his sweet text made up for it! I can't believe the amazing support people are giving me with this story! Thank you so much! You guys are bloody brilliant! And Happy Valentines Day everyone! 

I will dedicate the next chapter of this story to whoever can actually come up with a really good ship name for Jared and Jade, it will be tough but I'm hoping you guys can come up with something cute and creative!xx