raining on our mario parade

"so

"so..." joji trailed off, looking up at the grey sky.

isa sat on the hood of max's idle car, zoning off as she mentally prepared for the kiss. should she just give him a quick peck, should she use tongue, what if she likes it?

"shit." joji cursed as large rain drops poured onto his head.

joji ran over to the car, locking it as he sat.

"open up." isa demanded at a smirking dry joji.

joji slowly made his way to the button, pressing it after many extra moments.

"you're an asshole." isa shivered, pushing the wet hair out of her face.

"and you're wet." joji grinned sarcastically.

"oh, ian texted me." isa looked down reading the message.

"what'd he say?" joji questioned looking over at her screen.

"chad's aunt is in the hospital, they aren't coming back." isa spoke, locking her phone.

joji nodded as he put the key in the ignition.

"what was that?" isa questioned at the loud noise coming from the hood after a sudden stop.

"that's the sound of the transmission blowing." joji sighed, resting his head on the steering wheel.

"you're gonna need to text ian again." joji spoke quietly through his hands.

isa texted ian and max hoping for a quicker rescue, that was unfortunately not the case.

waiting for the reply the two didn't say a word to each other.

"he said he'd be here in a few hours." isa spoke up, pulling up netflix on her phone.

"isabella, what are you watching?" joji interrupted briefly.

"the sixth sense." isa huffed at the use of her full name.

"bruce willis is actually a ghost that's why he can see him." joji spoke, spoiling the whole movie.

"you hate me for eight years, spoil movies, and now you want to talk?" isa spat, sitting her phone down.

"i don't necessarily hate you, more of a strong disliking." joji chuckled, his voice becoming softer.

"you don't even know me." isa huffed out of pure frustration.

"your name is isabella marie stanley, your favorite animal is a capybara, you don't let your foods touch, you won the spelling bee in ninth grade, your favorite cousin is max, you bring up dead memes every chance you get, you once accidentally sent me an ass pic, and you always shake your left foot when you're... nervous." joji spoke proudly as he observed a speachless isa.

isa sat in silence as confusion took over her thoughts, considering she never picked up or thought about things joji did.

"did you save the picture?" isa spoke up after a few moments of thought.

"no." joji replied quickly, making the answer to that question very obvious.

[...]

"well, if we're gonna be here for a while we might as well listen to music." joji spoke quietly, the only other sound being the rain dropping heavily on the top of the car.

joji plugged the aux cord in, putting on one of his all time favorite songs - waiting for my ruca by sublime.

"she said i love up the way you move i love the way you rap. bow! bow!" joji sang softly to himself.

isa stared out of the window, fighting back a smile hoping joji wouldn't notice.

"any requests?" joji turned and smiled half sarcastically as the song ended.

"got any oasis?"

"you like oasis?"

isa nodded slowly, confused how that would be shocking or unthought of for her.

"hmm." joji hummed, being that was another one of his favorite artists.

"champagne supernova, great choice." isa nodded her head as the song echoed throughout the car.

joji observed as isa mouthed the words to the song and watched the rain bounce off of the leaves. the way he looked at her was different this time though, it was more of an admiring way. has joji gone soft?

isa noticed joji staring in the corner of her eye, causing her to face him as she scrunched her face in confusion.

"what?" isa questioned, still utterly confused.

"it's just that you can't hate me that much if you volunteered to kiss me." joji spoke, sounding like he had been thinking about it for a whole.

"i said yes to this for max and i do not want to kiss you." isa snorted, lying through her teeth as the thought of joji's lips on hers took over her thoughts.

"isabella, cmon, i've known you a long time, you don't think i can tell when you're nervous?" joji stated proudly, eyeing isa's body that couldn't seem to sit still.

"ian's here." isa grinned from ear to ear as ian pulled up next to them.

"you guys didn't kill each other." ian smiled softly, rolling his window down more.