Scott:

I heard Abigail’s stomach growl and she quickly looked away; her pale cheeks burned to a beautiful crimson red. Her hands were over her stomach now and she pushed her hair in front of her face. I reached out and put my hand under her chin, lifting her face up. She lifted her head up to face to me. I smiled and brushed her hair behind her ear. I smiled wider and moved my tray of food in the middle of us,

“Here, we can share.” She hesitated, staring at me to see if I was serious. “Come on, Abby, take whatever you want. You,” I said, inching closer to her to ask her without the others hearing, “You do eat, right? You aren’t anorexic, are you?” I asked. She shook her head and grabbed the notepad I gave her earlier.

She wrote down, why do you care so much to share with me? Why are you being so nice to me?

I shrugged. “Why not, would you prefer me to be an asshole?” I asked sarcastically. She gave me a ‘shut up’ look. I made eye contact with her and she wouldn’t look away. I sooo want to kiss her right now.

I knew it would be stupid, but my wolf side pushed me towards her and I could see she was nervous, but she stayed right there. Her eyes then went wide and she grabbed the apple from my tray and bit into it. She was chewing at it nervously as she stared down at the table. Damn!

I wanted to hit myself in the face. I realized it got quiet around the table and I turned my gaze from her to see everyone looking at us. I shot them a look to go back to whatever they were doing and they started arguing again about their own drama. I slumped back in my seat. This is going to be so much harder than I thought.

*

Abigail.

Milk

Iced tea

I read on the list that my dad had given me for grocery shopping. I do the grocery shopping because my mom won't do it. And my dad sure as hell won't. So I do it.

Taking the list, I went to the grocery store. I had to bring Tyler along, and I got odd looks from older people, thinking he’s mine and I’m some teen mom. I opened the fridge and grabbed a gallon of milk and Swiss’ iced tea. I placed it in the cart and Tyler started banging the rattling toy on the cart handle.

I walked up to him and took it. “No, Tyler.” I said, pointing my finger at him.

The noise was loud and it was kind of giving me a headache. He pouted his lower lip out, but I didn’t give in to his baby green eyes. I took the bottle with his juice out and held it out to him. He shook his head and started being stubborn. I groaned.

“Tyler, drink it…or I’ll just have to,” I said, putting it in my mouth and sucked from it. He made an ‘ehh’ sound and reached out for it. I chuckled and handed it to him.

“Thought so.”

I pushed the cart and looked for the rest of the stuff I needed to get. I sighed. God I feel so tired. I yawned. I always feel tired, I thought bitterly. I pushed the cart down a bit further and stopped. I couldn’t help, as I walked down the aisle, thinking of Scott leaning in and it was like he was about to kiss me. Hell, he was about to kiss me! I was sitting there like an idiot, not knowing what he was doing and kind of got lost in his brown eyes again; but I realized it when his lips were half an inch from touching mine!