SHOT FOUR [LAST]

Present Day

And now as she stood silently, her eyes aware of his steel-like gaze on her, she didn't know what to do.

She had tried avoiding this fiasco all through the week, from last Sunday until today.

The day after that party, she didn't go to college and luckily for her, due to preparations for the Homecoming, there weren't any classes held and each and every one was only busy preparing for this event, which she barely had any interest in.

She could see and hear everyone talking about the alleged honourable title of ''Homecoming King and Queen,'' and she couldn't care less, but one gaze of that man who had made her feel so vulnerable after a long time, and Hayat Uzun felt like she was going to lose it.

Hayat knew that he still wanted answers from her, but she also believed that he deserved none after what he had intended to do with her that night, just like what Didem had told her.

Although every night whenever she would try to sleep, a thought would bug her and ask her to read between the lines, but she would wipe off those second thoughts on the ground that she was lucky to have escaped his intended humiliation towards her, and maybe, it was her punishment to have gone through all that since she defied her mother that night and spoke very rudely with her.

For a girl who believed insanely in the concept of Karma, she only blamed her fate for landing into such situations, because maybe next time she should start thinking twice or thrice, before making new friends, or even daring to feel the L of that for letter word called Like or Love.

.

.

But even she couldn't deny that she didn't fathom why Murat's gaze was bothering her so much. And on another note, she didn't understand why did he look like he would go on a killing spree, blatantly, on seeing her dance with Ibrahim.

She hated the fact that Ipek had coaxed her into coming to this Homecoming, by blackmailing her on the note that even she wouldn't come if Hayat didn't accompany her. And for once Hayat couldn't deny her because Ipek had been the only constant in her life, when she had reluctantly come to this town two months back, leaving her old friends and life behind.

But now, she just wanted to leave.

.

.

''What happened canim? (dear) Why are you looking so gloomy and vexed at the same time, like you are going to murder someone?''

A girl in pink dress asked a visibly distressed Didem, who felt so angry that the rising temperature in her head could possibly speed up the process of global warming in no time.

''LEAVE ME ALONE, Rim!''

She barked, making a docile Rim in pink step back in fear, but she still tried knowing what was bothering the popular potential Homecoming Queen of Miman International.

''Didem, relax! The announcement will happen in sometime. Please don't be so angry.''

Rim tried reasoning with her, but Didem was far too vexed to give a damn, and the unnecessary cajoling by Rim was her undoing as she barked,

''RELAX? YOU ARE ASKING ME TO RELAX? HOW CAN I BLOODY RELAX! DID YOU LOOK AT MURAT? HOW HE WAS LOOKING AT THAT GOOD FOR NOTHING HAYAT THE WHOLE EVENING? I DID ALL OF IT, EVERYTHING TO MAKE SURE THEY DON'T COME CLOSER & SUCCEEDED TOO! BUT JUST SEE WHAT HAPPENED? HE DIDN'T EVEN LOOK AT ME FOR ONCE THROUGHOUT THE PARTY! I TOLD HAYAT ALL THE LIES IN THE WORLD THAT NIGHT. MADE UP SUCH AMAZING STORIES, MADE MURAT LOOK LIKE A WOMANIZER, A CHEAT, WHO HUMILIATES WOMEN POST THE SARSILMAZ BASH, BY GETTING LAID, OR DRIPPING A GIRL AT THE TOWER UNDER THE FOUNTAIN SHOWER! AND DON'T KNOW HOW BUT ALL OF IT WORKED THAT NIGHT MAGICALLY! BUT FOR WHAT? HE DOESN'T EVEN FOR ONCE SEE ME PROPERLY! ALL HE DID THE WHOLE EVENING WAS DRINK & STARE AT HAYAT! I SWEAR I HATE HER SO MUCH!''