Chapter Thirty-Seven: Stop Being So Sweet And Shirtless, You're Making Me Horny

Twitter: @BlairHoldenx

Instagram: @jessgirl93

Chapter Thirty-Seven: Stop Being So Sweet And Shirtless, You're Making Me Horny

I don't think I've ever seen Cole move faster than when he's tugging at my arm and walking us both out the club. Palpable excitement bubbles though my chest and any effect that the alcohol may have had on me is quickly disappearing. Cole Stone is definitely more intoxicating. He keeps shooting glances back at me, like he thinks I'm going to vanish at any given second but I smile at him reassuringly basically telling him that this girl isn't going anywhere. It's funny how my feelings for him are always all over the place. I can go from hating him immensely to loving him with just as much extremity in a matter of seconds. That's definitely not going to be the tagline of a functional relationship, but hey to each his own.

Outside it's a warm summer night and there are still lines of people waiting to get inside the club. A few, okay a lot of them whistle and yell not so polite things at me as we pass them by. Cole glares at the source of each and every err, comment and they pipe down pretty quickly. Scowling he spins and asks me, "Couldn't you wear a coat or something?"

I should be offended at such a caveman mentality and a small part of me is. It's not my fault that men are such constant horn dogs and I shouldn't have to cover up in order to save myself from their perverse looks but that's a battle I'll find another day. Right now I can't help but laugh at how adorable he looks.

"You want me to wear a coat, in this temperature? Seriously?"

"It's either that or I'm going to have to go knock that guy's teeth out." He yells at someone who had apparently been checking out my backside. All of a sudden, I start laughing and laughing hysterically. It's all so ridiculous, men leering over me. If they'd seen me a couple of years earlier I'm pretty sure they would have reacted differently. The fact that guys would find me sexually attractive is baffling on its own and having a boyfriend like Cole threaten them off is even more mind numbing.

"What's so funny?" Cole pouts as he pulls me to his side, wrapping his arm around my shoulders. God, I love it when he's all possessive. I try to stop laughing but the side effects of alcohol linger making the situation funnier than it actually is. Clutching my sides I lean into Cole and stifle my laughter into his shirt.

"It's just..." I gasp, still feeling a bit hysterical, "this time last year I in bed in my Scooby pajamas gorging out on Chocolate Therapy, hoping Jay would notice me. It's just funny how different everything is now."

His entire body stiffens and I'm pretty sure mentioning Jay was a big mistake. But he recovers quickly, squeezing me tightly and kissing the top of my head. "It's a new summer baby, we'll make plenty of new memories and none of them will involve my deadbeat brother."

I melt into him, kissing the spot over his heart and close my eyes while he hails a cab. Everything is already so much better. It's miraculous how much of a difference it makes being with and without him. It's not healthy, that kind of dependency on a person and I've suffered the consequence of being so addicted to him. The wounds are still fresh, the memories still traumatic and a wiser person would be cautious before plunging headfirst into a relationship but that person's not me. I'm tired of being cautious, of holding myself back when I know that the kind of happiness Cole brings me can't be matched by anything else. The small voice at the back of my mind nags me though, reminding me that the heartache Cole brings is unparalleled too. I give that voice a proverbial middle finger.

When we finally manage to get a cab, Cole literally has to drag me inside, I feel that tired but everything changes once we get in an enclosed space. As Cole tells the driver the address to the pent house, the excitement and thrill from the club comes rushing back. The tension between us is palpable especially when Cole captures my hand with his and then places them both on my thigh. He grins at me mischievously before using his thumb to trace circles on the bare skin that the bottom of my dress doesn't quite reach. My breath hitches and I sneak a look at the cabbie. He seems to be oblivious to the fact that I'm losing my mind over some innocent caressing. But then as Cole's fingers begin to move higher I realize that it's not so innocent and that he's enjoying my squirming. I swat his hands away and try discretely nodding towards the driver. He grins and leans in as if he's going to kiss me and my heart nearly barrels through my chest. He still hasn't kissed me on the lips and I don't know how I feel about it happening in the backseat of a New York City taxi with a cab driver who has now started glancing warily in our direction from the front mirror. But just as I prepare myself to say screw it and kiss the life out of Cole, the man is question changes direction and places his lips next to my ear.