4 | Unknown Number

gif: this is hayden

Rafe pulled me roughly into his room. "Don't touch anything.", he said, annoyed. "Yeah, okay.", I mumbled into my Sleeve. The blood smeared on my Sleeve, damn it! "I go to get you the ice pack, I'll be right back.", then he closed the door and walked away. I heard his hurried steps in the corridor. I stood up when he was finally gone. Curious, I went through his room, he also had a private room. Well, he was rich and could afford it.

I saw two photos in his room, small and framed on his white Desk. I saw his family there. His mother was a pretty small woman with blond hair and piercing green eyes, he absolutely was not similar to her. But his father, he was like the older version of Rafe. But then I noticed their facial expressions. The mother smiled kindly, The father looked rather annoyed and Rafe, he smiled but I could see sadness in his eyes. Why? Maybe I just imagined. But I was not sure.

"What the hell are you doing?!" "I ehm - beautiful picture."

Rafe stood, arms crossed in front of me. So you can not look at pictures any more, or what? "On the bed.", he said emotionless. "W-What?!" "Come on."

I sat down on the bed, then he sat down next to me and gave me the cold ice pack. "Wait, let me wipe the blood from your face away."

He led a damp cloth to my face and carefully removed the slightly dried blood. He looked so concentrated, I caught myself staring at him. My stupid heart beat all the way up to my brain. My hands that lied on my legts, started to tremble.

"Everything okay?" he asked skeptical.

"Yes, eh .. sure."

We ignore the fact that I beat up his Ex – Yeah, okay, she beat me up too. I was now quite close to him. And as I looked to him I noticed that he smiled slightly.

"You're nervous.", he clarified.

Oh, really? I kneaded nervously my hands: "Mhm, maybe." Then he laughed. Why did he laugh? When he had removed the blood he took the ice pack and put it to the painful area of my face.

To be quite honest. Somehow, everything hurted. "Well, that would be it."

He could just have said as well: "Done, get out now." Anyways, I thanked him and left his room.

1. September 2016

I hid the whole day in my room, and pretended to be sick. So I did not have to appear in class,. To be quite honest, I was hella scared to meet Nadine again. Giant Fear. In the afternoon I then decided to call Hayden.

"Hello, hello, Hayden on the phone.", giggled Hayden. I rolled annoyed with my eyes. "I've beat up the Ex of some guy I like." What? Had I really just said that. Oh. "I knew it! How is he? Wait, you've been in a fight with someone? This is a whole new side of you!", I heard her sharp inhalation. "Yeah, it's a long story.." "I don't care. You tell it, now!"

And then I told her everything. She is, after all, my best friend. She needs to know everything.

"Ew, Nadine is shit." "I agree with you.", I muttered quietly into the phone. "Are you okay? You seem to have taken it more seriously than I thought.", Hayden suddenly sounded so worried. Crap, I didn't want her to be worried at me.. She had enough trouble.

"Everything is okay.", I lied.

Later

I was on my bed and overthinking everything, with a steaming fragrant tea to my right. Bored, I tried to get to my phone, and I almost hit the cup of tea off my table.

"Shit.", I muttered.

Without anymore incidents, I was able to unlock my phone. I furrowed my brow as I saw how many Whatsapp messages I had. Well almost every single one was from Hayden, sending me Links of funny Videos, as always. But there were two unknown numbers. I went to the first one.

You will regret it

Don't mess with family Ross

I pondered for a moment. Then it occurred to me who it was. Nadine Ross. If I'm not mistaken then her last name was really Ross. But I had a bad memory. But who would write to me and
Threaten me otherwise? I just shook my head and blocked the number. What did she want to achieve with these stupid messages? My God. Then I saw another:

Hey, are you okay? I only ask because you've been beaten up by Nadine. Not that you should get used to it.

The Person had no profile picture. I wrote a brief answer.

I'm okay, but who are you, really?

Especially, how did the two get my number? I afterwards wrote this as another question.

You have many possibilities of getting something when you're rich.

The message smelled almost like Rafe.

I don't know why, but I had to smile. In a twisted way, he liked me. And I liked him too.

-

Sorry for nor posting ... for maybe a month? I have no motivation and time at all. Sorry.