1 | History Nerds

"Man, Hayden. You've been accepted or not?" Hayden held the letter above my head. "If I'm not accepted, I'll rip your fucking head off.", muttered Hayden evil. She was just jealous because of my scholarship. But we both knew I couldn't afford to study there without the scholarship. "Well, well. Calm down.", my only friend opened the letter and read through it.

"And?", I nagged. "Teegan, just shut the fuck up.", she read through the letter. Then her Smile disappeared. "Apparently, the country doesn't need another doctor.", the red-haired woman let her shoulders hang. "No! No .. no. No! This can't be true. You-You can't leave me alone there. You know I'm not going to do it without you! I-" "Tee, be quiet. You can do this. You'll make it. Believe me, you will find someone to help you. And I'll be there, not physically but mentally. Okay? And I'll start to cry now, so excuse me.", a salty tear rolled down her slightly reddened cheek. We hugged for a long time. From the start of the semester it was time to say goodbye. At the thought my stomach rumbled.

27. August 2016

Hayden swung her strong arms around me: "call me once you're there, if not I' ll come to you and kill you." I laughed at her silly words. "Who knows, you might find your perfect husband.", she winked at me as she finally let me go. Exhausted, I breathed: "Yeah keep dreaming, Hayden."

"Exactly, you can dream.", she gave me a small package in my Hands. "Open it, if you have a bad day. Please. It will help you."

I nodded, confused. Now I was really curious what could be in there. But as sje said, I had to pick it up for a bad day at the College. I would surely keep this package in mind.

"When you come back, come back to me as a completely new person.", she smiled at me in a motivating way. "Of course, only better!", she added, laughing. I smiled back, got into my Taxi. "I'm going to miss everything.", I muttered, out of opened window of the taxi. "Yeah, now come on. Experience something new." "Hayden, what are you going to do?"

"I'm going to travel the world and then re-apply. Maybe I'll come back in a year to your College.", she to wunk me. "Goodbye Hayden.", I held back my tears.

"Good-Bye, Teegan.", Hayden washed away a tear. "I'll be waiting for you, Tee." And then the taxi drove off. And I left my perfectly normal life. Well my life wasn't ever really normal. But nevertheless, I ventured a new attempt. I rubbed gently over my face, wanted to get rid of the dried tears. I would be a new person, a much more self-confident, I promised Hayden.

On the afternoon of the same day

"Teegan Moore", I gave my passport and all other documents to the woman. "Let me see with whom your room is.", the slightly thicker-friendly-looking woman, smiled at me warmly. I smiled shyly back and looked to the ground. "You have your room with Nadine Ross. Room 225." I was silent at first, I had no idea who she was. "Oh, Okay.", I grabbed my documents and let them in my brown shoulder bag disappear. "Thank you..", I read her last name on her namecard. ".. Mrs. Jefferson." "This is my Job, Teegan.", a sweet laugh formed wrinkles around her eyes. I grinned. As I was about to go a dark-Skinned young woman rushed past me.

"Mrs. My room, please.", the woman with the wild brown Curls, looked to the ceiling impatiently, after she had submitted her documents. "Oh, Nadine Ross. There's your roommate, Teegan Moore!" Nadine's derogatory gaze roamed me. "I told you explicitly that I want a single room!", her cold emotionless voice touched me. "B-But.", Mrs. Jefferson stuttered. "No But! I'm going to get it! My father has great influence here, you know?" "But we have only one room.."

"Then what's the Problem?" "It is in the residential buildings of the guys.", my Smile was blown away.

"Well, and? It's not my Problem. I'll stay in the girls residential buildings. And that's for sure. In a private room, as agreed.", she crossed her incredibly Muscular arms. I was almost jealous especially when I looked down at myself. My brown eyes rested now nervous at Mrs. Jefferson. Everything depended now on her. "So, I will definitely not share a room with this Freak.", she gestured dismissively at me. Her words had affected me visibly.

"Well, well. Teegan is it to live okay in the guys residential building? You get, of course, the rest of the room. Alone.", I nodded, hesitantly. I had no other choice, especially in the view of Nadine, she would you kill me in the night in a lonely alley. "Then it's settled. Nadine, Room 225." "Thank You, Mrs. Jefferson!", and the woman with a very strong British accent stormed away. "Mine?", I sluggish hold the handles of my two suitcases. "Room 301."

And then I ran off without a word.

Half an hour later

I was just unpacking my suitcase, then some idiots in the other rooms cheered and screamed loudly without a reason. I sighed, in the girl's house would have been certainly much quieter. But NO, the Bitch Nadine wanted to have our room for her alone. Frustrated, I called Hayden. "Hey, Hayden.", I mumbled into my phone. "Teeeeeeeeeegan!", she cried happily. "You wont't believe me what just happened.." "You found your husband?" "No, Hayden!", and then I told her about the incident with Princess Nadine. "Wow, this rich Bitch. I would kick her in her rich ass!" "And to be suspended? No, thank you."

Annoyed I heard that the talks in the hallway were getting louder. " That is so upseting!" "But this is the best opportunity to get a guy." I sat down on my bed: "Hayden, you're a help to me, you -" I broke off. Someone had knocked on my door, what the hell? "Hayden, I have to go.." "What? How-How can you just give up our relationship?", she cried playfully. "You're a pain in my ass." "Love you, too.", and then I hung up. Confused, I stood up from my bed and walked slowly to my door.

"Hello?" I opened the door. "Hey, the myth is true, that here is a super hot girl. Guys! You were right!", the guy dragged all his 'friends' to my door. I instantly became as red as an overripe tomato. "Ehm, who are you?" The guy who knocked on my door said: "I am Samuel Drake, you can call me Sam.", the guy with the long brown hair winked at me. What a pain in the ass. "And the guy is my little brother Nathan! The one with the sexy British accent is Harry Flynn and the grumpy-looking guy is Rafe Adler.", Sam pointed to all the people. "And who are you?", Nathan asked curious. He was the friendliest of them all, without seeming insubordinate.

"My name is Teegan Moore. I Ohhh'm studying eh art, music and history." "A History Nerd! You'd be perfect in our circle of friends!", Sam cheered excitedly. "What's interesting you the most in History?", the dark-haired British guy Harry asked. "So, pirates, and-" "Oh. My. God. Welcome in our Gang.", Sam pulled me into an exuberant embrace, Nathan and Harry also participated in the hug, only Rafe sighed, annoyed as he is and crossed his arms.

God, if only never opened the goddamn door. I wish I had locked the door, Put a closet in front of it and a swimming Pool with a Lava dug. Now there was no going back. I belonged to the gang of history freaks.  

-

I hope you like it. There is also a german version.