Date Night Mixup

Joker stepped on the gas and raced through the dim streets of Gotham past all the junkies and low life criminals who wished they were him. Sometimes the city just made him sick and realize how dark his world really was.

 He cracked a smile in the corner of his mouth while he thought about how wonderful he was to be able to resist all the darkness and add some laughs to the city. His purple lamborghini and green hair and gold jewelry were the stark contrasts of all the shit he was driving through.

There was only one place where he could go and escape the humourless and gritty swamp of a city. It was home with his girls. At the home he built where no room was absent of color and life. Whether it was the blue and pink flowing down the back of his queen in their satin bed or the bright red blood of his latest kill soaking into the carpet he could always find color.

What he craved now as he did every night was the brightest thing in the world, his princess. Just the thought of her made his grip on the wheel loosen up and the tension leave his shoulders. The only pure thing in his life was at home, waiting for him to return. 

He couldn’t wait to open the door to his kingdom and have her run to his arms, like she had done since she was little. Getting closer to home he tried to put all the bad from the week out of his mind, he didn’t want to bring any of that shit back to his girl.

Now more than ever n her life he craved her attention and her presence, ever since she started …..dating… just thinking the word made him cringe. The boy she chose was of course not worthy of her in his eyes. It took everything he Joker had in him not to grab the kid by the throat and slice off his skin inch by inch. 

He didn’t for one reason, his only reason, because his daughter asked him not to. The Joker didn’t want to admit it but his blood boiled with jealousy when he saw them together. The idea of his princess giving her heart to someone else made him furious and hurt. Tonight after the horrible week he had dealing with business and shit in general, he wanted her all to himself.

He was getting so excited to go home he was on the verge of pulling his hair out. To calm himself he tried to think of the highlights of work. He got in some unique ‘artwork’ with his victims and couldn’t wait to show the gruesome pictures to Harley. He ran all the red lights per usual and steered clear of the sidewalk, that he’d usually drive on to take down some pedestrians.

 But tonight was too important, he needed to get home and relax. He couldn’t decide if he wanted to stay up with his girls and laugh the night away or curl up with them in bed and watch a movie. In that moment it didn’t matter he just wanted to see her.

Joker finally reached his home and practically skipped to the door almost forgetting to lock the doors on his precious lamborghini. He didn’t waste any time between unlocking the door and flinging it open ready to announce he was home. When he saw his daughter…

She wasn’t running into his arms after his long day of work, she wasn’t planting a kiss on his cheek, and she wasn’t looking up at him with her big beautiful eyes like he was her whole world. Again, it was typical ever since that little bastard entered her life. Joker felt the heat building up in his chest as he further examined the situation. His little girl looked more like a woman. She was all dolled up in a black dress and stockings fixing her makeup in the mirror across the living room from the door. Joker almost ripped the door knob off thinking about how she must be getting ready to go see the kid.

She didn’t even notice he had opened the door being deep in thought fixing her mascara. It was only when he finished did she see his reflection standing in the doorway opposite end of the house.

“Daddy!” you said excitedly dropping your makeup on the counter and getting up. “You’re early I’m not even finished-” 

“Finished what?” your father cut you off and you sensed the aggression in is voice. “finished getting ready for the special ‘man’ in your life?” Joker did jazz hands as he said the word man which made you giggle.