Dating Bruce Wayne

“Welcome to Gotham News Tonight, today we have the latest hot gossip among the cities elite. Top Story: Bruce Wayne has been rumored to have a new woman in his life. He was spotted out for the third time this week with the blonde bombshell getting dinner, an insider that saw them at a restaurant down town said that Mr Wayne kept referring to her as (y/n). No information is known about her but we have obtained an exclusive photo of the rumored couple leaving Wayne Enterprises today.”

The photo of you with your arm intertwined in Bruce’s popped up on the television and the Joker choked on his scotch. He couldn’t believe what he was seeing, his princess was smiling up at him and him down at her as they strolled as happy as can be. 

“Harley!” the Joker screamed in desperation and his queen came running into the living room. 

“Puddin what’s wron- oh my!” Harley stopped in her tracks when she saw their daughter on the tv. The photo was taken down and Joker stood off the couch and approached the tv extending his hand as if reaching for it to come back. “Puddin do you know what this means?!” Harley asked jumping up and down with a huge grin on her face.

“Our princess has been lying to me.” He responded coldly not taking his eyes off the screen.

“No silly! It means that (y/n) is the mystery girl everyone has been talking about seeing multi-billionaire Wayne and that mea-” Harley stopped talking when Joker turned to her in a rage before smashing his glass into the television set.

“Harley, it means that our princess has been lying about where she’s going and who she’s been with.” The Joker reached into his jacket and pulled his gun our and grabbed his car keys heading to the front door.

“Puddin what are you doing?” Harley followed behind him.

“I’m going to find my daughter and put a bullet through that yuppies head!” he yelled at her before swinging the door open.

You stood there and jumped at the shock, you saw your father standing there gun in hand looking furious and your mother behind him with her hands over her mouth. You were fresh from your date with Bruce and the exhaust from his car was still simmering in the driveway. Thank god for perfect timing. Your fathers face quickly changed from rage to something like confusion. He looked up up and down in your new dress, heels, and curled hair. You rubbed your fingers below your bottom lip to make sure no lipstick was smeared from the goodbye kiss. You forgot about Bruce giving you his jacket to keep you warm and you knew it wasn’t going to help the situation that was obviously going south.

The anger in the Joker was smoothed when he saw you. He was prepared to scream and fight Bruce off of you and throw you over his shoulder and take you home but now standing in front of you he was powerless. Your beauty struck him and that glow radiating from you was undeniable. He recognized it as the same glow Harley had when he first knew she was falling in love with him. He tried to fight the obvious as much as possible, his little girl couldn’t be in love and couldn’t have eyes for any man besides her dad. He could never see you as anything besides his little girl but now you were a woman before him all dolled up for someone you loved.

“Get inside the house.” he said quietly, which surprised both you and your mother. You walked passed him slowly into the house and went over to your mother who gave you a quick smirk. She was always on your side when it came to dating. “Sit down on the couch now, we need to talk.” You did as your father said wanting to stay in his good graces. 

The Joker circled his daughter on the couch, he broke his gaze away from her face and noticed the jacket around her shoulders. It wasn’t hers, it wasn’t Harley’s, and it certainly wasn’t his. He ripped it off of you in a swift motion. 

“If you’re cold you wear this.” he took off his own jacket and wrapped it around your shoulders.

“Daddy I can explain all of this.” you interjected

“So you weren’t out with Wayne? You were out with your girlfriends like you said? Just a quick movie then you were going to be at home?” He raised his eyebrows and gave a sadistic grin, he was going to pull his usual intimidation interrogation technique on you but you had seen him work his mind games on people, they wouldn’t work on you.

“How did you know I was with…” you noticed the tv and broken glass. “the picture… Daddy we wanted to keep it a secret so this wouldn’t happen. So the whole city didn’t know about us and figure out who I was.” you reached for his hand to comfort him but he couldn’t stand still and continued to pace around the room.

“How noble of you darling, lying to your father who has done everything for you and loved you and “

“Daddy please don’t do this I wanted to tell you I really did but, Bruce doesn’t even know who you guys are. I have no idea how he would react if he did!”

“Oh so you’re ashamed of me? Ya hear that Harley?” the Joker looked over to his queen and cackled. “Years of raising her and providing for her and she’s ashamed of me!” the Joker sat down opposite from you and laughed as loud as he could.

“STOP IT!” you screamed not wanting to hear anymore. You had tried to plan for the day when you would tell them it was just never the right moment, now it was all crashing down. “Daddy please just stop!.” you continued to yell at him with tears forming.

When you yelled at his smile melted into disbelief. You guys never fought and now because of Wayne you were. It made Joker hate the man more. He felt a wave of guilt wash over him when he saw your tears.

“Princess… I don’t want to do this but how am I supposed to react?”

“You could tell me it’s okay, that everything is okay, and make me feel it like you always do.” you looked at him searching for some form of support. Harley ran over and wrapped her arms around you rubbing your back to regulate your breathing.

The Joker ran his fingers through his hair and rolled his eyes before getting on his knees in front of you and grabbing your hand, kissing your fingers. “I’m sorry I yelled, but you don’t ever lie to me again do you understand Princess?” you shook your head when you saw how serious the clown prince had become. 

“I do love him, and I want you to be okay with it. I want the two most important men in my life to accept each other.” you turned to face your mother. “I promise mommy if he can’t love you guys like I do then it’s over. I won’t have that in my life.” 

Harley looked over at the Joker who sighed in relief and worry at once. 

“But if you want me to do that I need you both to do the same for me. Please try and give him a chance… please daddy?” you gave him the puppy dog look that always broke him down when he was stubborn about giving you your way.

“And how am I supposed to be okay with some spoiled rich kid taking my little girl away?” Joker contested you.

“Well…. I guess it is time to meet the parents?” you smirked at him and he gave you a gentle smile back before it turned into a nasty grin. “But you put that away before.” you looked down at the gun quickly. Joker gave you an annoyed look before putting the gun back in his holster.

“Okay okay okay princess, I’ll be as nice as I can be.” he said before he winked at Harley.