11 - Olivia

"It all started on Earth. Thousands of years ago the earth was filled with war and destruction. People all across the world fought against each other with rage and desire for complete control. Eventually, after the world died down and the bloodshed began to cease, the men began to realize that if the human race was to succeed they needed management and regulation. With careful planning, practice and observation they decided on 7 men to lead their own nation as kings. These men were married but childless which is how the council, who had chose these people, wanted them to stay."

I'm sure my bewildered face said it all after Gaia took a staggered breath in like this story was hard for her to tell. The pain could be seen all over her face and I was afraid that if she didn't continue breathing she'd faint.

"Are you ok Gaia?" I asked. Gaia looked back at me with bloodshot eyes but all hint of pain seemingly disappeared.

"Don't worry about me Olivia, just pay attention. Anyways ... as I was saying this council was created to benefit the entire world. In case anything went wrong with the rulers they would step in and deal with the problem before anyone knew what had happened. Although the world had slowly begun its start on becoming a better place the council knew they couldn't put their trust on imperfect, human guards who were not nearly well-trained enough to protect a whole kingdom. Plus, their families were scared and outraged for their lives and had begun protesting like in the days of old. To save themselves and the world order they had relied on for a long time they decided to create a being.

A perfect being physically and mentally. They would be built without emotions or feeling and would only do everything in its power to obey their makers : the council and the kings. Through much studying, trials and error they came up with the perfect woman, hybrid and soldier. Her body along with her face was perfect, maybe even more than that and her mind was more intriguing than anything human kind had ever seen. Without one class she had mastered calculus, physics, martial arts, you name it. She was the most intelligent being to ever live on the earth. But there was something odd about her, something inhuman past her perfectness and unbelievable intelligence. She could control earth's elements : earth, fire, water and air. The scientists weren't sure what they had done during their work on creating this being but it somehow made the woman stronger and more obedient to their every command. So, they left it. Her name was Ares.

Ares filled their expectations and more in the first kingdom whenever she was there to protect the system. But whenever she left it seemed as if things would get worse and worse the longer she was gone, so they came up with another brilliant idea. They cloned Ares and made 6 more, one for each kingdom. They gave each king a protector that sustained his every will and put the original Ares back in her kingdom to stay. The beings were designed to last as long as the humans : 90 years. They had cloned enough Ares to last for 500 years so if they needed more they would just clone further.

For 10 years the Ares' were by far their best creation yet and were blessings to the kingdoms. Practically no one was fighting, everyone was happy and the world seemed to be at peace. Unfortunately, this didn't last. The original Ares who was the one they created began to relax since there was nothing for her to do. She would go to local markets, meet people and eventually she moved out of the castle. Ares obtained a place of her own not too far from the castle and ended up befriending some people that lived nearby. She had actually started to smile, laugh and ..."

"Wait, wait, wait, wait" I said shaking my head in confusion "I thought you said that she didn't feel anything. So how is it possible that she could laugh and smile?"

Gaia placed her head on her hands and tapped her finger against her chin as if she too was thinking it through.

"Well, the truth is, no one knows. It's as if the more she hung around with humans, the more she became human. Further than the council had ever thought possible. She had completely left her duty without the king even knowing and had gotten a job as a seamstress. Her and a few others worked for a man who lived in a mansion on the outskirts of the kingdom she was living in. With no thought about her responsibility as the Kings protector she vacated the city to go live with the man and work for him full time. While she was there she met a farmer whom she began to fall for. Eventually, she felt something that the council had purposely never wanted to be there. Love. Ares fell in love with the farmer so much that they married. Together they ran away together far into the country where they would live in solitude, in hopes to never be found.