Movie Night (James&MC) Part 1

I adjusted my blouse a few times as I watched the bag of popcorn spin around in the microwave. To say I was nervous would be an understatement. I was beyond nervous. I was a mess.

"It's just a movie night girl, relax."

Zack's words play in my mind as I try to control my nerves. He was right, it's only a movie night.

"More like Netflix and chill if you ask me."

I roll my eyes as I think about Kaitlyn's response. No, this is not going to turn into Netflix and chill. I can feel my cheeks heating up as I think about me and James cuddled up on the couch. His strong muscular arms wrapped around my small frame in a tight embrace. I bite my lip as I imagine his hands exploring me as we watch the film.
Maybe this will turn into Netflix and chill. I was going to be on my best behavior but I couldn't say the same for James. Part of me knows the only reason I set up this date night was because I wanted to spend some time alone with him. He's been so busy since he started this play, and the fact that this play could land him a possible movie deal only made him want to focus on it even more. But I finally convinced him to take a break.
The beeping from the microwave tore me from my thoughts. I sighed as I opened the bag of popcorn and poured its contents into a bowl. I placed the bowl on the coffee table and looked around the empty dorm. Everyone left, giving me and James some much needed privacy. All the lights are off except the little lamp in the corner of the room, giving off a cozy feeling to the room. I laid out a few blankets on the couch and grabbed some drinks before returning to the living room. Just as I was about to sit down I hear knocking at the door. I slowly walk to the door, running a hand through my curls as I reach for the door knob. I take a deep breath and swing the door open. I smile when I see him standing in the door way as I take in his presence. Today he's wearing a black sweater with a white button up underneath, black slacks and his leather shoes.

I notice he's holding something in his hand

I notice he's holding something in his hand. Before I can say anything about it he pulls me into him. I close my eyes as I press my cheek against him and take in his scent. Why does he smell so good? I wrap my arms around his neck and lean up for a kiss. I can feel him smiling against my lips and I pull back, looking at him. "What's so funny?" He grins. "Someone's happy to see me." He looks around at the dimmed room and the covers displayed around the couch and raises an eyebrow. I nudge him and roll my eyes. "Shut up. This is for the movie" He laughs and my heart skips a beat. I haven't heard that laugh in ages. We enter the living room and he slips his shoes off before easing himself on the couch. "What's that?" I say pointing to the case he has in his hand. He holds it up for me. "Psycho!" He says with a wide grin on his face. I cross my arms and pout. "I thought I was picking the movie." He holds his hands out in defense. "I know, but I thought we could watch this instead, it's a classic. And you know how I get when it comes to the classics." I shake my head and hold my hand out for the case. "Fine, but only because I actually like this movie." He smiles and my cold exterior softens a bit. It's hard to stay mad at this man with a smile like that.
I remove the disk from the case and place it in my DVD player and press the play button. I grab the bowl of popcorn and plop down next to James on the couch. He wraps an arm around me and I cuddle into his chest. He reaches for some popcorn and turns his attention to the screen as the opening credits start.

A/N: Thanks for reading guys! I hope you enjoyed. I love hearing feedback so don't be afraid to let me know how you feel!