{8} Father Son Day

Start from the beginning

I was waiting three tables and it would be my last three for the night. Jaxon and his parents stayed the longest, talking and laughing.

Morgan ended up having to leabe early so I was about to call my dad ti come pick me up, Jason was closing up today.

Jaxon's mom noticed me calling, "Do you need a ride sweetie?"

My dad didn't answer, he was probably taking a bath and fell asleep, he did that a lot when he got home from work.

"I don't want to burden you." I said, trying to call my dad again.

"Don't be ridiculous, we're going to to same place." She said getting up out of their booth, they had already paid and were ready to leave.

Jaxon smiled and pulled me out of the diner with them. I waved bye to my manager and Jason before walking out.

I got in the back with Jaxon and we talked as we rode back to the house. Texting my dad telling him I had gotten a ride.

We were all laughing at a joke Jaxon's dad had made when we parked.

"Thank you so much for taking me home." I smiled at them all and got out if the truck.

I waved to all of them before going into the house, where everyone was getting ready for bed. Braxton greeted me at the door and smiled, "Night night." He said, hugging his stuffed animal like he always did when he was tired.

I picked him up just as my grandpa walked in, "I was gonna put him to bed."

I smiled as Braxton laid his head on my shoulder, "It's alright, go ahead and get ready for bed." I said and walked up stairs with him, parting ways as he went into his room.

Before I got to Braxton's room my dad walked out of his bedroom, and I knew he had just gotten out of the bathtub by the smell of the body wash he had always used for bubbles in a bath for himself and my siblings.

"I'm sorry I didn't get your call." My dad sighed.

"It's fine, Jaxon's parents gave me a ride."

My dad was silent in thought for a minute before he smiled, "We don't have work tomorrow, so how about we go do something."

"Like what?"

"Well we can go to town and go see that movie that you've been wanting to see." He suggested.

I smiled, it was too mature for Bailey and since she was deaf we rarely went to go see movies. The only way Bailey would watch a movie or show is if it was colorful and the subtitles weren't difficult to read, she was still learning to read.

"Really?" I asked surprised by his suggestion.

He nodded, "Grandma and grandpa are taking Bailey and Braxton to the zoo so we can do something."

"Awesome," I smiled, "Good night." I said, walking to Braxton's room to put him to sleep, which he was already falling asleep on my shoulder so he passed out when I laid him down.

I walled to my room, got changed and went to bed.

* * *

My dad and I were on our way to the movie theater joking and listening to the radio when I got an unexpected, and quiet frankly, unwanted call.

It was my mom, I hadn't talked to her since after my parents quick divorce, which she didn't even fight for anything but money and what was rightfully hers.

She only sent cards in the mail for us with twenty dollars for our birthday, that was the only time we heard from her.

My dad glanced over and saw who it was, "Answer it." He said, knowing I was just going to let it ring.