Chapter Sixteen - Chaos and Cereal

Chitose looked at Dewa quietly. The boy had fallen asleep again. 'Are all humans the frail?' He careful stood up and went to Aimi's room.

"Aimi, is there anything you require." he asked the girl.

"Oh Chitose! How do you feel? I was thinking of getting dressed and having aome breakfast."

"Breakfast?"

"You know cereal. I'll go grab some in a minute, did you want any?"

"Hmm I understand." Chitose said before heading towards the stairs.

"Chitose, wait!" He turned to see that Dewa had apparently woken up and judging by his expression...he was concerned? This confused Chitose. Why did this human get so worried for him? It seemed so strange that he reached out to touch his face to confirm it was really there. Dewa just stood there in shock, until he let go and began walking to the stairs again. He had no time to think about Dewa, he had a mission to complete.

~ ~ ~

The HOMRA members stood around anxiously awaiting to hear what Mikoto had to say.

"Now, as you might have heard Aimi and Chitose have woken up..." Mikoto said slowly

"Yeah all right!"
"Awe man, I was so worried!"
"What took them so long?"
"Yo, if they're better where are they?"

"Hey! Shut up and let Mikoto finish!" Yata yelled, silencing the crowd.

"Aimi is still very weak from what happened but she should recover soon. Chitose however is more complicated. He has completely forgotten who we are and who he is."

The members stared in shock, a disbelieving silence filling the room until Izumo spoke up. "Now because his memory loss is... Unique. We won't be trying to directly make him remember who we are. Instead, the plan is to allow him to remember on his own."

"That's because of Aimi's power right?" Yata said speaking up. "When he borrowed it... He kept some didn't he..."

"That's..." Izumo began before Mikoto cut him off "No, that's not the reason. Actually, what he did was take almost ALL of Aimi's power. Apparently it was constantly overloading her mind, which is why she acted so young and had difficulty speaking. When he took it so suddenly it ended up frying his brain."

"So what, he's a vegetable now?"

"Well no." Said Izumo "He can talk and move around just fine. It's mainly just his memories that have been..." Izumo was interrupted by the sound of someone walking down the stairs. Everyone looked uo to see Chitose walking down with Dewa following behind him.

"Chitose!"
"Yo, you okay?"
"Idiot, what kind of question is that!"
"I was just asking!"
"Should he be walking around?"
"Shut the hell up! You idiots are gonna be confusing him!"

"Chitose, are you all right? Did you need something?" Tatara asked him.

"Aimi's body requires sustenance. Red clansmen, tell me what is 'cereal' and how do I obtain it?" Chitose said, while a silence filled the room.

"He...just asked what cereal is right?"
"Y-yeah..." ㅠㅠ

"Um, I can get her some cereal so..." Tatara said

"No! I am Aimi's sole protection, so I shall retrieve the cereal!"

"Okay, okay it's just in the cupboard so if you follow me..."

HOMRA watching in silence as Tatara lead Chitose to the pantry, before explaining what cereal was and how to 'make' it.

Chitose nodded "I see, to create a way to replenish ones form do easily... Humans are smarter than I expected!"

"H-hes impressed..."
"...by cereal..." (。ŏ﹏ŏ)
"Why is he talking like that..."

Suddenly Aimi came rushing down the stairs "Chi! What are you doing?"

"Aimi! I have received the cereal!"

"I told you, I'll get if myself!"

"No, as your power I must protect you."

"Getting my breakfast isn't protecting... Ah!" Aimi cried as Chitose suddenly picked her up "And I can walk!"

"As your power..."

"I CAN WALK!"

"...you let Mikoto carry you..." Chitose said, suddenly pouting

"Um, well... That was.... Haha yeah and... Because... Well naturally..." Aimi stuttered her face glowing red.

"Aimi! Are you unwell? Is your body to frail? Quick, you must eat the cereal!"

"PUT ME DOWN!!!"

~ ~ ~

Chitose sat quietly watching Aimi eat her cereal. Suddenly, his stomach grumbled.

"Hey, are you hungry?" Dewa asked.

"Hmm it would seem this body is growing weak..."

"Here" Dewa said placing a bowel of cereal in front of his friend.

Chitose looked at it as if trying to make a life of death decision before slowly picking up the spoon. Holding it awkwardly, he scooped up the mix and placed in his mouth. Moments passed as he sat there, with then spoon and cereal still in his mouth.

"Um, are you going to swallow it..?" Dewa asked

Chitose tried to swallow it but instead ended up choking before spitting it out.

"Ah, sorry. Um you need to chew first...and take the spoon out..."

Chitose got mad and stood up "I refuse to eat this human death trap!"

"C-calm down, how about just trying it one more time okay?"

Chitose eyed Dewa carefully before sighing "Very well..." Chitose sat down and, picking up his spoon once more, tried to eat it once more.

"Okay, so you put it in your mouth, careful remove the spoon... Chew it ten times, and then swallow! That's it!"

After successful swallowing the mouthful, Chitose was surprised to find that he actually wanted more. So he continued to eat one bite after another until there was nothing left. He quick refilled the bowel and continued to eat bowel after bowel with Dewa watching in horror. "Um, hey you might want to stop now... Don't you think you're eating to much?" Chitose opened his mouth to respond, instead he felt something else, something far worse come out. Bending over, he could hear Chitose and Izumo yelling something (what he wasn't sure) as all the cereal he had eaten ended up all over Izumo's freshly polished floor.

---------------------------------------------------------

Sorry everyone for the long wait! This story... Haha crazy right? Pease let me know what you guys think in the comments. ^.^

Any way, voting is now officially closed! Next chapter: "RED KING, RED FACE."

Hinode out, Peace!