The Boy and A Girl

Corneilious was just like any other star football player who roams the halls with girls starring at him in shock and lust.  Every girl wants to be his girl, but he wanted nothing to do with any of them.  He wanted someone special, someone who didn’t wear pounds of makeup on her face, and didn’t have all the latest fashion trends just a girl that was perfectly original.  You’d think that would be easy to find at Muller High School, Nebraska.  With an enrollment of 1,000 students, you would think there would be at least one girl that had just what he was looking for.  But they were all the same, same hair, same face, same personality, and the exact same attitude.  Even with his showmance girlfriend, volleyball team captain, Maisey, he still wasn’t happy.  She was a part of the group of girls that he tries so hard to avoid, but somehow he managed to look really good with the leader of the group.  Every one said they looked so good together with their perfect skin, perfect hair, and perfect everything.  He didn’t even treat her the way he would treat The girl but when they had to make an appearance he would smile and act like an obedient couple, but he never really got the right vibes from her.  

Gracie-Ann is the kind of girl that puts others in front of her. She is so loving and hard working that it would seem as if she had the best life ever.  She doesn’t think she is pretty enough to catch the eyes of any decent guy at Muller High, even though she is constantly told how pretty she is she still doesn’t believe it.  To her she is just another awkward and quirky girl enrolled in the school’s JROTC program.  She has a very important job there, she is the S-2 who is responsible for keeping track of the battalion’s inventory on sensitive items like technology and the weapons, it’s her responsibility to make sure it is all accounted for.  JROTC is big on help, so at the home football games, the JROTC will conduct what is called parking detail which is where the cadets will direct parking for all the spectators and others will help with security and assist people find where they want to go while, others will help with security on the field.  Tonight was another big football game and Gracie-Ann was able to work patrol and trash clean-up.  So her job was to walk around the field, walk up and down the stadium, ask for trash that some fans might have and just help in anyway that she could.  It was about the 3rd quarter and Gracie-Ann hears the whistle for an injured player, she looks to see which team the player was on and when she sees the Bulls helmet she starts to panic a little. She starts thinking,”Oh no, who could it be?” then she hears the MC announce that the injured player was the star football player, Cornielious Padello.  Her heart starts to skip a beat and now she is really concerned.  She would have never thought that she could ever have feelings for Cornielious, but he wasn’t her type. Or the other way around.

As the stadium became silent, all the players and coaches took a knee and Gracie-Ann could see and hear the conversation over the fallen player as the athletic trainers rushed around to find out what was wrong and how badly he was hurt. He is on the ground flat and suddenly she hears one of the trainers yelling to the coaches, “Call 911!” Just then 4 big players stood up and ran over to his side, pick him up and carried him off the field and onto the trainers bench, which Gracie-Ann just so happened to be standing right in front of. Still in shock she stood there eyes wide open as he stared right into her soul.  At that moment it clicked for both of them, neither one able to move she in shock and he paralyzed with both their eyes wide open, neither one knew what to do but stare at the person they have been searching for all along.  Cornielious may have been paralyzed but he knew that Gracie-Ann was the one that he had been looking for, and Gracie knew even though she hadn’t been looking she was delightfully surprised with what she found.  As the ambulance arrived and the cart was coming closer to take him away Gracie knew she had to do something before he was gone, maybe forever.  So she… 

Read Part 2 to find out what happends to Cornelious!!