After showering, I wore another suit and went to the living room. I plopped on the couch and switched channels until I found a decent one.

I heard faint knocks on the door and got up to open. It's probably Christine because nobody in my family knock this softly.

I opened the door to see her in all of her glory, she was wearing a chunky sweater with ripped jeans and brown ankle boots with a huge scarf around her neck, she wore green jacket over them which made her look a little bit shorter but nonetheless she looked beautiful and cute. Her simplicity never failed to stun me. She wore so little make up and wore such simple clothes. She is amazing.

I cleared my throat and grinned at her.

"Hello, Christine" I stepped aside so she could come in.

"Hi, Mathew" She smiled at me.

She took off her jacket and hanged it on the coat hanger.She walked to the kitchen and I followed her, she put her bag on the counter and looked at me as I took a seat on one of the stools.

"So...tell me a little about your family, what's it like?!" She smiled.

"They're pretty okay expect for my step mother and her daughter" I answered.

"Step mother?!" She raised an eyebrow.

"You don't know?! It was on the news for like three days." Everybody knew and Lisa made sure of it.

"I don't really watch the new or use the Internet" she blushed a little.

Honestly, it relived me that she didn't watch the news because sometimes they say stuff that aren't true. And I don't want to be judged based on false news.

"I should probably start cooking" she muttered to herself and started getting the ingredients out.

I decided to leave her alone so she could focus on what is she doing. I don't want her cutting or burning herself because of me.

Before my ass can rest on the cough, the door bell rang. Here goes nothing.

I opened the door with a fake smile on my face. Lisa and dad stood in front of me while Olivia stood behind them with a bored expression on her face.

"Hello, come in" I stepped aside and they walked in.

"Hey son, how are you?!" Dad smiled.

"I'm good and you?!" I asked as I hanged his coat on the hanger.

"Great" He answered.

"Take a seat, I'll be right back." I said and headed off to the kitchen.

"They are here" I sighed.

"That's great, I'm almost done with the dinner." She smiled and I nodded. Her smiled eased my annoyance a little bit.

I went back to the living room and set on the armchair.

"How are you doing? Mathew" Lisa asked and I tried not to grimace.

"I'm okay, how are you?" I asked.

"Good" She smiled then the room was dead silent.

Before the awkwardness could suffocate us, my dad asked about business until we heard the door.

I went up again and opened the door for Max who was grinned like a mad man with his mom next to him.

"Hello, Aunt Leia" Leia is my favourite person on earth, she is like a second mom to me.

"Hey, big guy" She hugged me and I chuckled at the nickname.

"My saviour" I said as she pulled away.

"You own us" She chuckled and walked away to greet my father.

"Have they met Christine yet?" Max whispered.

"Nope" I popped the p.

"Good" He smirked and I rolled my eyes.

He just want to witness the drama that I hope won't happen today.

I really hope that it won't. Although I have no doubt that Christine can take care of herself but Olivia and Lisa nasty comments will probably hurt her and I wouldn't want that.

She's like peaches, soft, sweet and delicate.

I need to stop thinking about her in that way, she is just my employee.

"Mathew" I heard Christine voice's so I turned around and looked at her.

"Dinner is ready" She smiled and I nodded.

"Okay, thank you" I smiled.

Well...let's see how it goes.